20 | dreams

Anne woke up with a small headache. She groaned slightly as she sat up and took in her surrounding. She was in one of the Medjacks rooms and sitting on a chair beside her bed was Lincoln.

"I am so glad you aren't dead," he said with a bright smile on his face.

"Wow!" Anne said, breaking into a smile at his weird response to her waking up. "I was not expecting that."

"I know," Lincoln said, looking a bit proud of himself. Then a teasing smile appeared on his lips. "And if you're wondering where Newt is, he's dealing with the Greenie. Alby went all Hulk on him. Poor kid."

Anne rolled her eyes, feeling a blush creeping up to her cheeks. She quickly turned towards the window and looked outside. The boys were no longer gathered around the box and had gone back to work. It was getting dark though, which meant they would be done soon and would head for dinner. Her eyes roamed around the grounds even more until she spotted chubby little Chuck with a boy. He must be the newbie.

Thomas.

The name popped into her head suddenly, causing her to frown. The previously dull headache suddey worsened causing Anne to squeeze her eyes shut. She felt the colour drain out of her face and her vision blurred again.

"Anne?" She heard Lincoln's voice and felt his warm hand on her cold ones that were clutching her head, pulling slightly at her hair.

She felt Lincoln let go off her and run out shouting for Clint and Jeff to come. A while later she saw the blurry figures of the two other Mejacks walk in. One of them walked to the cupboard and searched through it before pulling out a needle and a small bottle.

"Hold her down," she heard him say as he drew closer.

Lincoln grabbed her arms and pushed her down onto the bed. He didn't really have to use much force. She felt as though the energy had somehow been drained out of her anyway.

A scream from the next room caused on eof the boys to rush out saying something along the lines of "I'll take care of Ben. You make sure she's fine."

Anne felt the sting of the needle as it pierced her skin and winced. Lincoln slowly lifted his hands off of her and stepped back, worry clear in his eyes.

"What did you give her?" Lincoln asked Clint who went to throw away the needle.

"A sedative," Clint said,watching the girl closely.

The pain in Anne's had started to dull though that could be because of whatever Clint had injected her with. But Anne was fine either way. Colours swam before her eyes and she closed her eyes drifting off to sleep.

***

A small girl with dark brown hair tied back into a ponytail was walking in front of her, the girls hand held tightly in a woman's. The woman had her long blonde hair tied up into a buna nd wore a lab coat, making Anne wonder if she was a doctor.

"Are you xcited to meet him?" The woman asked the little girl. The girl nodded her head vigorously as she turned to the woman, giving the woman an excited smile.

That was when Anne saw the girls face. She frowned when she realised that this little girl resembled her very well. She had the same brown eyes and hair and skin tone. The only difference was that she was younger and a lot happier.

The woman pushed a door open and walked inside, leading the girl in as well. A little boy sat on a chair and smiled shyly.

"Anne," the woman said to the girl, "meet Aris."

The younger Anne smiled shyly towards the boy and the image before her blurred in front of Anne.

When she opened her eyes again she was standing in the same room. The younger version of Anne sat across from the little boy names Aris. The girl had her face scrunched up like she was concentrating very hard.

"Can you hear me?" her voice said despite her lips not moving.

"Yes!" the little boys voice said as well, causing Anne's eyes to widen.

Was this the boy who had been talking to her in her head? Aris?

More and more memories showed before her eyes, some a little too quickly for her to comprehend what was happening and some longer than others. But what Anne did know was that she was getting her memories back and she wanted to know why.

Anne didn't know how long had passed but sometime later, everything went black again. She stood in a dark void like space with nothing before her but darkness. She frowned as she thought over what had happened, realising that her her mind no longer felt blank. She could remmeebr memories from before she woke up in the box making everything a lot more clear for her.

She remembered WICKED. She remembered the blonde woman as Ava Paige. She remembered Aris, the boy who's voice she heard in her head. She remembered planning those small conversations with him so that things would go according to the plan that they had. She remembered how WICKED got her to design create the variables. She remembered Lincoln who helped her to design them. She remembered so many things that it almost hurt to think about it. It was too much information to process, but she also knew why they were finally letting her remember.

"It's time," a voice said and her eyes fluttered open.

×××

Me and my cliffhangers! Haha. I feel like this chapter's kind of messy but I had to include all of the memories in a jumbled up way because I don't want too much to be revealed yet and also don't want you guys to guess too accurately. Sorry. Don't worry, more memories will come and things will make more sense soon.

And you guys finally know who was talking to her. Its Aris!

Questions

Did you guess correctly that it was aris?

What are your thoughts on the boy being Aris?

What do you think is Anne's relationship with her?

Do you think they'll see each other again?

And if they do, do you think Aris will remember her?

Why do you think she's getting her memories back?

Please give your thoughts and opinions in the comments! It helps me become a better writer!

Thanks for reading!