8

I felt pretty sick when we got back to Daiki's house. He let me lie down on the couch, but that didn't help at all. I felt nauseous and ended up trying to run to the bathroom to puke. The only problem was that for some reason I couldn't get my legs to do what my mind was telling them. Luckily, Daiki was there to help me to the bathroom. He kept muttering things about Ryouta being the one who gave me food poisoning or something.

He kept his arms tightly around me as I puked my guts up. "You alright?" he asked me after a while. I wasn't really sure what the hell just happened so I couldn't respond. I didn't know. "Oi, do you think you'll puke anymore?"

"N-no," I mumbled as I wiped the loose bile from the corners of my mouth. "Do you have any mouthwash?"

"I'm never leaving you alone with Kise again," he grumbled as he pulled his mouthwash out from underneath the bathroom sink.

I chuckled to myself as I rinsed my mouth out. I stood up shakily and spat the gross mouthwash out into the sink. "I don't think Ryouta has anything to do with it, Daiki," I smiled slightly as I told him this. "You were with me at his house anyway."

Daiki wrapped his arms around my waist as he pulled me out of the bathroom. "That idiot isn't good for you," he muttered as he dragged me down the hall to his room. "We just got home and you're already sick..."

"I'm not sick," I murmured. "I'm hungry."

Daiki chuckled and pulled me down with him as he fell on the bed. I liked how his body felt underneath me. "Even when you're nauseous and vomiting, you're still hungry," he mumbled in my ear. "Maybe a job will be good for you. I'm spending too much money on you anyway."

"I'm pretty sure Ryouta has spent more money on me than you," I told him softly.

"That's only because he has more money to spend," Daiki grumbled. "But you like me better, so I don't care."

I rolled over so that I was facing him. He still looked like he was glaring at me, even though I knew he was at peace. It reminded me of someone I hated. I had to look away. "So, are you going to feed me?"

"I just want to talk for a few minutes," he told me quietly. "Kise told me about how you ran into Kagami. I know that idiot made you cry. And I want to know why."

I sat up and looked down at him. "You want to know what he was to me, don't you," I muttered under my breath. "It doesn't matter, Daiki. He's nothing to me now."

"If he can still make you cry," Daiki nearly growled at me, "then he still means something to you."

I looked Daiki over in silence for a few minutes. His determination was seeping through his tan skin. I knew that he wasn't going to just drop the subject no matter how painful it was for me. And I hated that. Kagami was the same way. Why were the two so similar? I couldn't even look at Daiki when he was like this. I tried to pull away from him, but he held me firmly in place. "Let me go," I commanded quietly.

"Am I always going to be a stranger to you?" he asked me angrily. "Do you think you can't trust me or something?"

"You want to know what happened?" I asked him quietly. I could feel heat building behind my eyes as I thought about what had happened between Kagami and myself. "Fine. My uncle used to hit me and starve me for something that I had no control over. I wasn't allowed to have fun or be with any friends--not that I had friends. I was alone. I was bullied at school and at home and I was alone. But then I met Tai--Kagami and he was the only person who was nice to me. He found out about the beatings and he took me into his house. And I...I fell in love with him. I thought he loved me too. He was always so kind and he had me so fooled. But then, he just left without a word. I didn't know if he ran away because I disgusted him so much, or if I was so insignificant to him that I didn't even deserve to know that he was leaving the country. But I didn't have a home with him anymore. I had to return to my uncle where things were worse than how they were before Kagami came into my life and showed me how worthless I truly am."