Prolouge

• Opgedragen aan Rose Krystal

'The Sanctum denies your request.'

The small sound of bubbling potions filled the old, wooden, room. Outside, the tree's swayed musically to the wind.

'Can you here it?' The King said, proudly sitting on his twisted, yet beautiful, tree throne.

'I could not care less, I want to-'

'We will discuss it later... Listen...'

A rough, yet youthful grunt was all the King received in reply, before the room filled with the eerie whispers of the leaves.

'What are they saying?'

'Listen harder.' The King walked to the oakwood door silently, listening himself, although he had heard it for many years now. 'Come now.' He whispered, as if not to wake a ghost.

Once the two fae were outside, the bright green hills seemed to roll and wave and weave and swell and deflate. The wind whipped the Kings short, black hair. 'Can you make out the words?'

'Are they saying...? No.... It's impossible...'

'Tis what I thought when I first heard the words... But nothing is impossible, young one.'

'I'm not young!'

'You are a sapling.'

*The One is coming, the Bloom is near.*

The boy was glad to have found something to change the subject on 'Is this why i canno-'

'No, it is because I do not trust you to behave, remember, you are still young...' The King cut in, crossing his legs as he sat on the silky grass. 'And mischevious.' He whispered under his breathe.

'But!'

'No 'buts', you won't-' The King sighed, shaking his head as if to remove a terrible thought 'We must prepare.'

'We cannot prepare more then we already have, sir.'

'Listen to the wind, it will make you understand just how crucial this is to our kingdom.'

*The Flower is growing. It is growing. And when it reaches it's maximum peek, it shall destroy all fae.*

The King brought himself to his feet, helping the young boy up as he did. 'When the flower grows able to.... Travel' The King seemed to choose his words carefully 'You will find it, and secretly care for it, do whatever it takes. Do you understand?'

The boy's head nodded vigorously.

'When it grows... more, you may show yourself to her- I mean... It.'

'Understood, my King.'

'Be off, get yourself packed, you're going to the human realm...'

'Yes, your highness.'

Little did they know, the King's minuscule 'her' slip-up would rip a tear in reality, and change fate itself, forever...