Chapter 2

She floated in the air, her hair whirling and whipping around her. She couldn't control it, but power rippled through her veins, it was all she could think about. Electricity crackled through the air as the power overcame her, became her, was her.

'YOU NEVER LOVED ME. YOU'RE JUST LIKE THEM, YOU NEVER CARED. YOU WERE JUST A PUPPET, PLAYING FOR THEM. WELL NOW ITS TIME-'

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BLOOP

Stupid phone. Stupid morning. Stupid beeps. Stupid... Collin? I gasp, holding the iPhone in the palm of my hand.

To answer the call, or not to answer the call? That is the question!

My stupid side wins out and I click the 'answer' button, a strange excitement shimmying through me as I open my curtains to reveal a 10x5 meter glass window that makes a whole wall, looking out to the golden ball of sunlight rising before the blue horizon.

'Hello?' I hold my phone as close to my ear as possible, happy that Collin's voice will be the first thing I hear.

Wow, Krystal. Wow. YOU HAVE A BOYFRIEND!

'Hey Krystal, whatcha doing?'

'Well, I just woke up from your stupid call... pretty pissed off right now...' I reply, getting undressed.

'Oh, I'm sorry, is it early for you?'

' Um... HELL YES! ITS FIVE FRICKIN AM!'

'Oh.. Uh... I'm...'

'It's fine, I was having a nightmare anyway, so you kinda helped...'

'What's your nightmare? Are you ok?'

'Of course I'm ok, it was just a dream.'

'Tell me.'

To tell the truth or not to tell the truth, that is the question!

'Well?'

'There was this girl... She looked a little like me... Same eyes... Same... Well that's the end of the resemblance really...'

'Yeah..?'

'She was telling people in this scary voice that... That no one loved her... It was so strange...'

I hear shuffling in the background of Collin's mic, and someone says 'It's true' which I have no idea about, before he starts talking again 'Are you sure you're ok?'

Yes, say yes. Say you are perfectly fine and it was just a dream. Say you are already fully awake and not scared.

'No.' IM SO STUPID IM SO STUPID IM SO STUPID IM SO STUPID IM SO STUPID IM SO STUPID IM SO STUPID IM SO STUPID IM SO STUPID IM SO STUPID SO SO SO STUPID!

He could be a stalker for all you know, idiot. What if he's planning to kill you right now?

'Do you want me to come over?'

'N-no... Thank y-you...'

Collin can't come over, my boyfriend is here.

'I'm coming over, Krystal. You sound really scared.'

'Of course I'm scared! Some guy I met at the shops is calling me at 5 AM asking to come over to my house!'

'You think I'm a stalker don't you?'

'Um... Yes?' I laugh, pulling on my school uniform. Might as well get ready now.

Silence...

Even more silence...

'Collin, are you still there?'

'I'm sorry... You're right, I do sound like a stalker don't I?' I hear his rhythmic chuckle behind the screen and suddenly all thoughts of him being a stalker dissapear.