In the Air

I sit in my seat on the plane and look around. People are finding their own spots and putting their bags in the overhead compartments.
   A fairly good-looking guy comes and plops next to me. He has golden hair and mesmerizing eyes. He looks nice enough.
    "Um, hi," I say. Wow, real smooth, Annona.
      The boy turns and gives me a dazzling smile, "Hello."
       "I'm Annona." These pickup lines just keep coming.
        "My name is Ralph."
        Weird name, but who am I to judge?
         "It looks like we're stuck next to each other for a while, we might as well get to know each other. Who are you with?" He asks me.
         "I'm here with my A Capella group. Weird, I know." Great. Now he thinks I'm a weirdo. I twist my hands in my lap.
          "That's actually really cool!" He exclaims. Ok, then. Ralph likes A Capella.
            "Thanks!" I smile. He smiles back and it's like the sun just demolished my eyes. I need to ask what whitening strips he's using.
       Ralph looks away when the safety instructions start. We don't talk for most of the ride. I have my earbuds in and he is reading a book.
        I start to get bored so I look around. All the boys are wearing uniforms with either tan shorts or pants. Who would WANT to wear pants in the summer?
       They have short sleeved button up shirts on. Bright blue. They have navy blue blazers over them with what looks like a fancy school crest on them. Ew. Rich private school kids.
        My teammates, unlike the boys, have cute uniforms. We have light yellow button-up shirts. (I tied mine in the front because it's SO FREAKING HOT OUTSIDE.) Cute mid-thigh black skirts with booty shorts underneath.
          The combat boots are black with yellow socks. The outfit is topped off with a black headband and leather jackets. (That no one is willing to put on. Have I mentioned it's SUPER HOT outside?)
         So we already have better outfits than these preppy little boys. (I'm not the biggest fan of men). Their ages seem to go from about six to sixteen. It's a big age range for one school. Maybe they combined the primary and secondary schools? Our youngest member is thirteen. We are older, too. Fun.
         Ralph has a British accent. Are they all British? I'm a sucker for accents, so I hope so. There's just something about them. I wish I was sitting next to my friends.
         Then the plane shook. No one really cared too much. It shook again. Harder. HARDER.
          A pleasant female voice came over the speakers. Just a little turbulence, put on your seatbelt, blah, blah, blah. All I could think about was that I was gonna die as a pathetic sixteen year old who could barely hold her own in Mario-Kart.
         More violent shaking. I dared to look out the window and nearly screamed as I saw storm clouds around us. How had I not noticed?!
        I turned back to face forward. Just as I did, the entire plane pitched forward. I heard screams, some were possibly my own, and we started spinning. Ralph and I looked at each other, terrified. I can't believe the last thing I'll see is this boy's white teeth. Damn.
        The oxygen masks and the other emergency stuff dropped down and we quickly grabbed them. I fumbled with mine and put it on. I feel like electricity is running through my veins as my hand goes numb from clamping on to the seat.
         I felt a jolt and I was plunged into darkness as we crashed into the ocean.