Naomi (Part 2 of the other chapter?)

I wake up cradled in Naomi's arms. She's still stroking my hair and softly singing to herself. The sun hasn't moved much, so it hasn't been that long.

    She notices I'm awake and squeezes my shoulders. I squeeze back and she smiles down at me. I love her smile.

    "Feeling better? You fell asleep for like an hour. I couldn't bring myself to wake you," her voice was like honey.

    I gave her a soft nod and stood. My brain was less fuzzy as I stretched, my back popping. Naomi stretched, too. She ran her fingers through her somehow untangled hair. It's like we haven't been on an island for two days. She must have had really good conditioner.

    "Alright, let me take you somewhere to get you cleaned up," She said, smiling. I felt my cheeks to find that they had tracks of tears on them. I silently nodded and she began to pull me along.

    With Naomi's arm holding some of my weight, I stumbled to the small stream of freshwater we found. She sat me on a flat rock and stepped towards the water. I watched as she fished the handkerchief she carries out of her pocket. It's blue and always neatly folded. I smile at it. She soaks it in the stream's cold water and walks back to me. 

    Her hands are steady and gentle as she wipes my tear-stained cheeks. She's done this countless times before. It's almost routine by now. Her face is twisted into a worried expression as she glides the cloth over my cut forehead. I wince from the pain. I forgot about that cut, I guess I never cleaned it.

    After she's done she walks back to the stream and rinses the cloth. Taking the blue fabric lightly in her hands, she folds it again and places back into her pocket. Walking back to me, she mimics my slouching posture on a rock next to me. 

     "Thank you,' I said, breaking the silence.

    "Of course. I won't stand by and let you suffer. Do you want to stay here for a while or go back to the beach with the others?" She asks me. 

        "Can we stay here? We can pretend we aren't stuck on an island. Maybe we are on a hike, or an adventure in the jungle."

    Naomi smiles at my statement and nods. "Sure, A."

    We ended up talking. About everything and nothing at all. I won at rock-paper-scissors and lost at tic-tac-toe. We stayed as long as we could until we heard our names being called.

    Jack's annoying voice shattered our peace and we were zapped back into reality. Sighing, we stood and brushed ourselves off. Back to business.    

______________________________________

It's short, I know. But I had the urge to write a small part 2 to the previous chapter and I was too tired to write more. It's currently 1am where I live. I'm gonna sleep now.