Prologue

A heavy feeling in his chest woke Akashi up and his eyes immediately squinted at the sunlight that managed to pass through the bare spaces his thick curtains had. He wasn't a morning person and he proved to be cranky in the past few minutes of waking up too early in the morning.

The heavy feeling in his chest moved and Akashi found himself staring into a pair of baby blue eyes that belonged to his five-year-old half brother, Tetsuya, who was now living under the same roof as Akashi and the rest of his friends.

Tetsuya smiled at him. "Nii-chan," he greeted.

"Tetsuya, it's still too early," Akashi said as he sat up with a grunt and allowed Tetsuya to sit in between his legs.

"Actually, it's already eight in the morning and Tetsu has been standing by your door for almost half an hour before I let him in," A voice said from the doorway and Akashi saw his police friend, Aomine, with his arms crossed as he leaned over the door frame. "Seriously, how long did you plan to sleep?"

"I slept late last night because of work," Akashi answered, ruffling Tetsuya's hair. "Thank you for sleeping with him, by the way,"

Aomine smirked. "It's not like I don't like sleeping with him," he said, "Ever since Tetsu started smiling and talking you've started to claim him and robbed us the opportunity to sleep with him like before,"

Akashi chuckled. "As long as Tetsuya doesn't complain about him sleeping with me, then I guess it's fine, Daiki," he said,

Aomine frowned. "But he never complains if it's you,"

Akashi smirked. "Exactly," he said, "Tetsuya is my brother, and I won't let anyone take him away from me. I won't lose him again,"

"No need to go overboard," Aomine said but smiled at Akashi's words. Ever since Tetsuya arrived at their home, everyone drastically changed for the better and for the welfare of the cyan-haired toddler.