Epilogue

The sweet smell of food lingered across the whole Akashi mansion as Kise and Aomine decorated the remaining parts of the living room with wreaths. Murasakibara was at the kitchen with Midorima assisting him as they baked different kinds of sweets and goods for their Christmas Eve dinner.

"Tetsuya," Akashi called as he scooped Tetsuya up in his arms. "Chihiro wanted to see you,"

"Ro-chan!" Tetsuya greeted with a wide smile as Akashi held the phone for Tetsuya to see Mayuzumi as they shared a video call.

"You've grown, Tetsuya," Mayuzumi said with a smile. "And Akashi also told me you received a good remark at school just before winter break, that's good!"

"Tetsuya's showing interest in arts," Akashi said as he sat down on the couch. "I think he'll pursue Architecture or Fine Arts,"

"Isn't it a bit too soon to plan for that?" Mayuzumi said, making Akashi chuckle.

"Domo, Mayuzumi-cchi!" Kise said as he waved at Mayuzumi with a wide grin.

"Oy, Kise! Pay attention to attaching the wreath!" Aomine scolded.

"Hai, hai!" Kise answered and went back to work.

"It's starting to feel like Christmas there already," Mayuzumi said with a smile.

"Not to Tetsuya," Akashi said.

"Ro-chan!" Tetsuya called, "Come home,"

Mayuzumi smiled. "I wish I could, Tetsuya," he said, "But I can't drop everything to see you, I'm not like your idiot of a brother,"

"Language," Midorima said as he emerged out of the kitchen. "Tetsuya is at the age where he can absorb curse words and use them without knowing what they mean,"

Mayuzumi chuckled.

"Ro-chan," Tetsuya said with a smile. "M-Merry... C-Chris...mas!"

Mayuzumi smiled. "Merry Christmas to you too, Tetsuya," he said, "My present should be arriving soon,"

"You didn't have to," Akashi said.

"For Tetsuya, I would," Mayuzumi said, "Besides... it's the least I can do for almost stealing him away from you,"

Akashi frowned. "What do you mean?"

Just then, an email popped up in Akashi's phone. "Was that you?" he asked, confused at the confidential email he just received.

Mayuzumi smirked. "I better run now, Merry Christmas," he said and ended the call.

"What was that all about, Akashi?" Aomine asked once he was done decorating with Kise.

"Ne, ne, we still haven't put the star on the Christmas tree!" Kise said, "Tetsuya-cchi should be the one to put it!"

"Agreed," Murasakibara said as he scooped Tetsuya up and put him on his shoulders while Kise handed Tetsuya the star.

"Put it on top of the Christmas Tree, Tetsuya-cchi!" Kise said excitedly.

At this point, Akashi had opened the email he received from Mayuzumi and was frozen at his spot as he read the lines of the documents attached to the said email.

(A/N: I searched what the contents of a guardianship letter look like and decided to improvise a letter of my own. Do not copy and use this for legal purposes. THIS IS FICTIONAL WORK ONLY.)

I, Chihiro Mayuzumi, a resident of Kyoto, Japan for xxx years, certifies Seijuro Akashi, a resident of Kyoto, Japan for xxx years, to be the legal guardian of the underaged Tetsuya Kuroko. Along with this certification is the privilege given to Seijuro Akashi of having Tetsuya Kuroko in his full custody as his immediate family member.

"Akashi?" Midorima called, seeing that Akashi had started to emit tears in his eyes.

"Nii-chan," Tetsuya called worriedly despite putting the star on the Christmas tree.

Akashi smiled, pulling Tetsuya in his arms. "Nii-chan is very happy," he whispered.

Family.

They were finally a family.