Chapter Two: Two Witches

Aster's family is famous because they have the most Council Eyed witches. Which would be considered a big deal. Gloom looked down at Aster. Aster's hair was long and was the color of a brownie, and his skin was pale. His gray eyes stared up at Gloom. Aster was dressed very nicely, though he seemed to not be very excited about anything. Who you would assume to be his parents smiled a strained smile at Gloom. 

"Brother Gloom, it's a pleasure to meet you." The mother stretched out her hand. Gloom didn't even look her way. He raised his wand against Aster's forehead. When he finished chanting, he saw that Aster did have Council Eyes. Gloom looked at the parents, then back to Aster. Who already knew that he had the eyes, and was awaiting something. Like an undeserved praise. Gloom looked at the parents finally.

"I apologize, Aster's parents. But he doesn't have the Council Eyes. He has Maiden Eyes." Gloom lied. Aster looked at him, a little bit confused but more or so surprised. Why would he lie? The mother and father scoffed.

"We don't know this kid, he's not our pathetic accident." The father said, and started to leave with the woman. Leaving Aster behind. Gloom smiled down at Aster, and got off his broom stick. Crouching down, he placed a hand on the little boy's head. 

"Aster, would you like to live with me? As my son." Gloom offered him. Aster looked at Gloom suspicious. Was he after him because of his eyes? No, Gloom is a member of the Four Witches of the Church. That wouldn't benefit him at all. So he must be genuine. Aster nodded in agreement. Gloom's smile broadened. 

"Good to hear, Aster Gloom." Gloom picked up Aster and placed him on his broom. He turned to one of the other witches. She was a little chubby and was covered in mice and bats. Her hat especially, and her hair was baby blue,short, and very curly. Milky white skin completed her strange look. 

"Sister Ferret, may I leave early? Something came up." Gloom asked her. She gave a sorta high pitched giggle. 

"Sure, Brother Gloom! I'll let Brother Slimes, and Sister Web know." She answered him, and looked at Aster. Who was sorta clinging onto Gloom. Ferret made the giggle again, and left to go give the other children their eyes. Gloom started to fly away to where he lived. Which was in a huge and beautiful manor in a valley near a twirled wood forest. Aster stared with wonderous eyes. He had a lavish life yes, but he never lived in a manor. Much less one this amazing. When they landed at the front doors, a maid with pink Solidarity Eyes was waiting for them. She had orange hair braided up into a bun and a reddish tan skin. Aster thought she looked very pretty for a maid. 

"Master Gloom, welcome home." She greeted him, and took Gloom's broom after Aster got off, "I see you brought home a little kid." The maid crouched in front of him. 

"Hello, my name is Sulfur. It's a pleasure." Sulfur smiled. 

"... Aster..." Aster said to her shyly. He got nervous around pretty people. Sulfur chuckled at his shyness, and stood up. She placed the broom next to the door, and suddenly her arms started sprouting orange and yellow feathers. In meeting seconds the girl who was once a person, was now a beautiful Pheonix. No not the big fancy ones, but a small one. About twice the size of a parrot. Sulfur landed on Gloom's shoulder. Gloom looked at Aster, who seemed mesmerized. He smiled and held out his hand. Aster took it, and the doors opened. 

"Welcome Home."

     Hotaru's mother slammed the door to their cottage, and slid down onto the floor. Weeping uncontrollably. Hotaru didn't understand. He went to the bathroom mirror to see his eyes. Once he say them, for a moment. His heart felt like it had shattered. All his dreams were washed away... almost. Hotaru went back to his crying mother. He lifted up her chin and smiled at her.