Chapter Seven: Glade Light The Liar

Glade Light was the watcher over the barrier that protected the witch world. Witches believed no one could control the barrier. However... that is not true. Glade could. He could bend and open a hole in the barrier, he could leave the witch world. Explore the outside of their world. And he had. He's met vampires, werewolves, ghosts, spirits, and humans. All of them. And none of them were like they were presented in the stories. Glade Light knew that it was a lie. A lie to keep witches oblivious to the world. A lie to keep them all "safe". Though, is it really? Glade had always wanted to show the whole witch race that everything wasn't bad outside the barrier. Though, he has. He has gathered all the witches together on many accounts to tell them, but they never believed him. They called him "Glade Light The Liar". He even opened a hole in the top of the barrier, but they still didn't believe him. Calling it illusion magic. The Four Witches of the Church wanted it to stay this way. So one day, they called Glade to the Church of Magic.

Gloom sat at the preacher stand. Sister Ferret, Brother Slimes, and Sister Web stood behind him. Glade took a bow before them, then spoke.

"Witches of the Church, I beg of you to believe my words. The beings of the outside aren't as cruel as you once thought. They are kind and even gentle! They have a whole society far greater then ours. Technology that works without the use of any magic! But with science! Please believe me Brothers and Sisters, I beg of you!" Gloom raised his hand up, Glade stopped speaking. Ferret looked at Webs, and Webs looked at Slimes, and Slimes looked at Gloom. Then they all turned to Glade.

"We know." Ferret said, holding one of her mice in her hand.

"We have been knowing of the truth behind the barrier." Webs added.

"But that's exactly why we can't have the rest of the witch world know of it." Slimes finished. Glade looked at them puzzled. 

"Why?" He asked. 

"Imagine, Glade. What do you think witches would do if they found out the world was more? That all they knew was a grave lie? They would become curious, and go off the see the world and its so called 'society'. Then, they would start falling in love with other creatures and make mixed breeds. Which will have the power of a council. Then there would be no need for us. And besides, everyone else is already very very peaceful as it is right now. So we ask you not to speak of this any longer." Gloom answered. Glade looked at all of them as they nodded in unison. He was furious now. 

"You will regret keeping this a secret for your own damn benefits. You all will regret it." He held up his hands and they started to glow. A barrier forming around him as he chanted a spell like curse. A prophecy spell.

What you once saw was fantasy will become reality. Eyes of black and white of wonder, will surely be your greedy plunder. Watch your backs, and sleep with open eyes. Before you realize your day of judgment has arrived. The judge of your fates, will be the one who tears down the barrier gate. Unite the worlds before they are born. You have been warned. 

Glade disappeared a few years later. No one knew where he has went or of the prophecy he had cast. Thought it was plain to see, that they did not heed his warning. As the boy had been born the day he disappeared. Now they are too late to, and now their fate rests in the child with eyes of purity. 

What could happen? Who really knows. Just one mystery that should be explained. Where had Glade Light gone? 

Maybe the fireflies know. No that's silly, but could they?

((Sorry that this chapter is so short. This is an explainitory chapter that explains why Glade disappeared in the first place, and why Gloom was so scared when he looks at Hotaru.