Prayer

*Trigger Warning* Mentions of self harm.

It had been a week. A week since Draco and Harry had shared a word. It was tiring having to avoid each other, every day they had the same routine. Draco went to his room earlier than everyone else and started writing at his desk. Harry came in hours later, ignoring the light and climbing into bed. They didn't have to worry about mornings, Harry was always up a good couple of hours before then blonde.

Except for today, when Harry woke up, Draco was sat at his desk. His hand furiously working over a piece of parchment, the pen seemed to be moving at over thirty miles per hour. Harry opened his mouth, wanting to ask what he was always working on, but he shut it again. He wouldn't be the one to break the silence. With an irritated grunt, he pushed himself up from his bed and walked into the bathroom; taking a seat on the toilet. He didn't even need it, he just wanted to escape.

Although he refused to end it, he couldn't say that not talking to Draco was affecting him in as positive a way as he had hoped. Ever since their first potions class, he had been moody, even Hermione and Ron had started to notice. Blaise seemed to be having the same problem with the blonde.

Maybe Ron was right. Maybe he and Draco were too similar for their own good. Even Harry had to admit they both had a certain talent for being so stubborn. He wanted to run from the bathroom, and apologise for all that he had said. But that would mean Draco winning, he couldn't have that.

Shaking his head to rid himself of thinking, Harry stood and turned to the shower. That's when he noticed it. A thin pencil case kind of object lay on top of the bathroom cabinet. He didn't know why but he was drawn to it. It could have been the obscurity of such an object in the castle, who used pencils at Hogwarts? But it could have also been just because he was nosy.

Standing on his tiptoes, Harry reached up and caught the corner of the case between his fingers. As he pulled on it, it slipped, falling into the sink below. Harry cringed, the echo of the clang it made filling the room; as if it were a great cavern. He stood still, waiting for movement on the opposite side of the door.

⚠️ Self Harm Themes Start ⚠️

It was silent, so he picked up the case and unzipped it with a gasp. It was full of blades, some of them stained with a reddish tint. Among the blades antiseptic wipes sat, ready to mop up any spillage so to speak.

He knew Draco was having a hard time, but he didn't realise things had gotten that bad. The Draco he knew would stick his nose up at the world. If people didn't like him, he wouldn't like them. Simple. Malfoys were too proud to hurt themselves. Harry couldn't help but wonder if he had caused any of the pain.

Harry's eyes watered. Zipping the bag back up, he placed it back on top of the cabinet. Looking in the mirror, he broke down. Was that what Draco meant when he was praying? Was he praying for the strength not to cut himself?

⚠️ Self Harm Themes End ⚠️

There was a knock at the door. Harry quickly threw water from the sink over his face to hide the fact he had been crying. Grabbing a towel, he wiped his face and pulled the bathroom door open. He full-on planned on bringing Draco into a hug, only it was Hermione standing there.

Harry raised his eyebrow, walking from the en-suite to see that Draco was no longer in the room. He looked at Hermione in question.

"Draco let me in." She said, her eyes radiated nervousness. They made Harry's heart flutter a bit, was she in trouble? "Said he was going out, said I could wait for you."

Her voice came out thin, wavering every second word that she spoke. Harry pushed his worries concerning Draco aside and took a seat on his bed. Hermione sat next to him, that's when Harry noticed the letter in her hand. It had obviously been opened, she had definitely read it. He guessed that it was the source of her sadness.