Study Dates

Harry sighed as he sat down for another lesson of Potions next to Draco. He was starting to regret picking it. The recipes that he had to produce, and remember, were much more advanced than anything he had had to learn before. Not to mention he had to sit next to Draco.

Not that he minded sitting next to him. Ever since he had wrongly accused Draco of self-harming, they had become friendly. But when it came to having to listen to the blonde give all the right answers in class, it was annoying. He felt dumb. He didn't know how he was going to pass his exams when he couldn't even remember steps to the simplest potion as Draco could.

He didn't get much time to stress about his future before Pansy ran into the room with wide eyes. Harry almost chuckled, she looked a bit cartoonish. "Guys! You will never guess what just happened!"

"What?" Draco asked, leaning forward on his elbows. His face came to rest on his cupped hands. Harry laughed, he looked like a cupcake. Wait! Did he really just think that? Nope nope nope.

"Ron just blew up at Hermione," Pansy answered, taking her seat but turning it towards the two boys. Harry rose an eyebrow. "She's up the duff! Ginge isn't handling it well, apparently, he doesn't want to be a dad."

"Shit." Malfoy half-chuckled, lips pursing as he thought over the situation. He glanced at Harry. "You know about this?"

"The pregnancy?" Harry said, a frown forming on his face. He hadn't realised that Ron was taking it so badly. When they had discussed it, after Hermione first told him, he seemed fine. Yes, he was scared, but he hadn't been angry. "Yeah, I did. Known for a couple of days now. Was 'Mione okay before you left?"

"I think so." Pansy nodded, though her expression said otherwise. "She was angry more than anything. I gave her a hug and told her we could talk after potions, I suggest you do the same with Ron."

"Huh." Harry scoffed, frown replaced with a pout. "I hate talking about all that...sex stuff...with Ron."

Draco smiled at him. He had never really seen the boy uncomfortable before, his eyes were scrunched up as of he was trying to comprehend why it was his job to sort out the weasel's reaction. Draco laughed.

"You want me to come along." He asked. "Moral support?"

"Would you?" Harry gasped, eyes widening in hope. He really didn't want to have to do it alone.

"Sure," Malfoy said, turning to the front as Slughorn entered the classroom. Harry grinned at the side of his head before turning to face the front too. Somehow, knowing he didn't have to take it on alone calmed him.

"Right," Slughorn said, clapping his hands to add emphasis to the fact that they had started the lesson. "Today we are going to be learning how to create one of the most powerful healing potions in the wizarding world. I hope you have all been studying your books because I don't want to see any instructions in front of you."

Harry sighed, pushing his book back into his bag. The one time he brought it, he didn't have to use it. He knew he was going to fail.

Slughorn, with a flick of his wand, placed three cauldrons in front of his students. The ingredients flying to the desk straight after. Draco was the first to jump in, picking up a rock that Harry didn't know the name of. Pansy did the same. Harry copied them, pausing as he noticed Dracos eyebrow raised at him.

"You're a Gemini Harry?"

"What?" Harry asked, twirling the rock in his hand.

"Your star sign," Pansy explained. "It changes the order that you put the ingredients in. Something to do with the astronomical make up of your body."