➳ Chapter 24 ➳

Today was Oliver's birthday.

He was at the office with Thea.

"Well, it looks like the Green Arrow is a hero again, whoever he is." Thea said smirking after watching the news.

"Yup, and the mayor ain't doing too bad either.
The "Sentinel" has got your approval rating back up to 70%." Quentin said placing his paper on the table.

"What? Was it ever that high?" Oliver asked surprised.

" Hmm, no, it wasn't. Um, anyway, listen, if you'll excuse me, I got to go find Rene and remove his head from his ass." Quentin said walking to the door.

"Wait. What?" Thea asked confused.

"Rene missed a hearing about possibly getting his daughter back." Oliver explained.

- "Hey, Quentin." Oliver called out bringing Quentin back to the door.

- "Yeah? If you need any help with that, just let us know, ok?"

"Yeah, thanks. Yeah, will do.
Oh, by the way, I'm sorry. I almost forgot. Happy birthday, Mr. Mayor." Quentin smiled.

"Thank you." Oliver responded with a smile

"We should go get a drink tonight. We haven't celebrated your birthday in I can't remember how long." Thea suggested.

"I remember the last time we celebrated yours." Oliver pointed out with a grin.

"Oh, God. We decided we would never talk about that again." Thea sighed with a grimace.

"Four years? You've changed a lot, Speedy." Oliver smiled at her.

"We both have. I'm just not sure I have for the better." Thea said looking down.

"I'm sure. Look, Thea, uh, being happy doesn't mean you don't have issues.
It just means that you're working on them." Oliver said reassuring.

"When did you become all zen-like and well-adjusted?" Thea asked with a smirk.

"Well We should celebrate that tonight as well as your birthday" Thea suggested.

"I appreciate that, but I already have plans." Oliver declined.

"With Cas?" She asked smiling.

"Yeah. We didn't get much time to ourselves these last few months." Oliver smiled weakly.

"Well then, have fun." Thea said cheerfully.

As Oliver returned home to have dinner with me, he noticed something was off. The front door was unlocked.

He walked inside and listened for a moment.

As a man emerged from the side he immediately threw him to the ground.

"Surprise!" Thea, Felicity and I shouted followed by a really awkward "Surprise." from John.

"Happy birthday. Ev-- everything hurt-- everything hurts." Curtis complained from the floor, before he got up leaving an awkward smile on Oliver's face.

"I love the cake." Thea squealed as she looked at the cake with a drawing of the Green Arrow on it.

"Where did you get it?" She asked.

"Lord Mesa bakery." I answered smiling.