Green for Turtles

Alex's POV 

Over the past few weeks John and I have grown closer together and have both put the past behind us. Although I wouldn't call us friends just yet.

"Hi Alex!" I look up to see Eliza sitting in the chair in front of me, "Jesus Christ Liz! You scared the hell out of me!" She giggles, "Sorry Alex I just wanted to see what you're doing." "I'm currently working on the essay that was assigned to us in history." "You mean the one that isn't due until after winter break? C'mon Alex there are so many other things to do instead of homework!"

"Like what?" "Like texting your new bestie John~" How the hell did she- "How the fuck do you know that?" "I see you texting him a lot in class." "We aren't even friends Liz just acquaintan-" My sentenced is stopped as my phone buzzes in my pocket. "You should get that." I look at her with a glare as she just laughs.

John🐢: Hey 

Alex📖: Hi

John🐢: Are you free later

Alex📖: yeah why

John🐢: You wanna go to the coffee shop later

John🐢: I just want to talk

What the fuck am I supposed to say that! He sounds like he's trying to kill me! "Uh Eliza?" She looks over at me, "Yeah?" "What do I say to this?" I hand her the phone and she reads over the messages. She thinks for a second then types out something. "There you go."

Alex📖: Sure what time

John🐢: Is 6 o clock good?

Alex📖: Sounds good to me

John🐢: Great! See you then Lexi!

He called me Lexi. The fucking John Laurens called me Lexi. "You're blushing Alex~" "W-what no I'm not!" She laughs, "I better get going Peggy and I are going shopping." And with that I'm met with the silence of the Courtyard until they come around…

"Hello mon ami!" "What's up man!" "What the fuck do you want?" "Well we wanted to congratulate you on how you say… becoming friends with John!" "Yeah and that means you immediately become friends with us!" Says Herc. These two are fucking delusional. "For your information I apologized to John not the two of you but thank you for wasting my time once again." I get up to gather my stuff and leave. "Aww c'mon Alexander we all have to learn to get along sometimes!" Herc yells. "Over my dead body bitch!" 

John's POV 

Huh that's weird usually Alex is early for things. Speaking of Alex here he comes now. "Hey sorry I'm late I got caught up with something." "That something being?" "Unimportant." Ok then? "So uh what did you want to talk about?" Straight to the point but it's pretty "gay" forward if you ask me. "Just wanted to get to know each other because 1. we've been talking for a few weeks now and 2. we are going to be living with each other until the end of the year. So I thought we should get to know each other more."

He looked at me confused, "You want to know more about me?" "Yeah I mean we don't really know each other that well so-" "John have you forgotten that we've known each other since kindergarten?" Oh shit we have. "What's your favorite color?" I ask him. "Uh blue?" "That's cool! Mine is green." He smiles a bit, "I know. In 1st grade the teacher asked everyone their favorite color and you yelled out Green for turtles l." How did I forget all of this.

"Ok then can I ask you a touchy subject?" "Sure John." I take a deep breathe, "What'syoursexuality?" I said quickly. "I-I'm sorry what?" "What's your sexuality?" He blushes a bit at the question, "Bisexual." I smile, "Perfect." "What are you planning Laurens?" Our non existent date. "Nothing just thinking." He looks at the time on his phone, "We should probably head back to the dorm it's getting late." "Yeah let's go."

Guess who back and will probably be gone for another month!