Chapter 13 - Decisions

Ryder and I stood there looking at each other, shamelessly taking in each other's naked forms. Still several feet apart, neither of us were sure who would make the first move. I couldn't help but notice how Ryder's eyes moved ever so slightly, looking my naked figure up and down while trying to not be obvious about it. I smirked before uncrossing my arms and placing them on my hips instead, allowing my breasts to bounce free.

I was playing with fire – it's what I did best.

"So are we going to talk about this like adults now?" I asked innocently, bringing my hand up to twirl a piece of my hair around my finger.

Ryder's eyes darkened, "Not with you looking like that we're not."

His voice was low and gruff, indicating that he was trying to remain as composed as possible. I liked knowing that my body and overall appearance had this effect on him, but I wasn't surprised. It wasn't exactly rare for men to be attracted to me, plus Ryder was my mate. Extreme attraction for each other was part of the bond. As a matter of fact, I'd be willing to bet it was taking every ounce of restraint that Ryder was capable of to not throw me down onto the sand and fuck me right there.

I couldn't say I'd mind. Staring down his large, muscular body with his manhood front and center certainly had me a bit hot and bothered as well.

But to have sex with him would be to give the mate bond full control. I'd be doomed.

I let out a heavy sigh before turning around to search for my clothes. Although I was enjoying the sexual tension between us, I knew this matter really did need to be discussed and put to rest.

After walking around a few more trees, I finally found my clothes laying in the same neat pile that I'd left them. I quickly snatched them up and threw them on before turning back around to find Ryder doing the same.

He'd slipped on his shorts but left his t-shirt draped over his arm, still staring me down with dark eyes. His wolf was already angry and very present, and the little stunt I'd just pulled hadn't helped matters any.

Ryder turned and began walking back towards the pack house, and I quickly followed, curious to see where he was taking us for this discussion.

Much to my dismay, we ended up back inside and in Ryder's office. Something about being in his office made things seem so much more...formal...which I didn't enjoy, but at the same time it was secure and private. I'm sure Ryder didn't want to risk any pack members overhearing our conversation. Although I didn't care what they thought of me in the long run, right now I still needed to make a good impression.

Ryder walked towards his mini-bar area and poured himself a drink before taking a seat on one of the leather sofas in his office. I did the same, sitting across from him, watching as he downed his first drink, likely in hopes of mellowing out his wolf.

"Say what you need to say," he stated rather plainly with a hint of displeasure in his voice before setting his empty glass down on the side table.

"What do you want me to say, Ryder? I'm not a virgin – I've had sex. I know it threw off and upset your wolf, but you can't honestly tell me that you didn't already know. I mean...it's me we're talking about," I replied, surprising myself at how bitchy it all came out.

Although I firmly believed I shouldn't feel ashamed, part of me still hated knowing this hurt Ryder.

Ryder quickly stood up and walked back to the bar, refilling his glass before coming back to sit in his spot on the sofa.

"A heads up would've been nice. You know how our wolves are, Zahra. You knew it wouldn't go over well. If you'd discussed it with me beforehand, I could've kept my wolf calm. You know good and well how hurtful news is like that to our wolves. Human nature causes unfaithfulness, but wolves are mates for life," his voice rose every so often as he continued to talk.