d o o d l e s

peter parker walked into school, yet again, with doodles all over his arms. ned was confused. he came in with his arms decorated for over a month. ned tried not to ask about it. it seemed to make peter uncomfortable.

"hi, ned" peter mumbled, pulling down his sleeve. ned nodded acting distant, hoping peter would notice. as far as ned can see, he didn't. peter continued on to opening his locker and getting his books.

he only looked up when a voice spoke, "hi, ned." michelle was fiddling with a new bracelet. peter turned toward her, softly smiling. she looked up as well, mirroring his actions. "peter."

ned looked between them, confused as frick. "okay, i have no idea what just happened, but we have to get to class." he said, turning on his heels.

now ned was really confused. throughout all of the morning classes, mj and peter had been acting sus. they had sat next to eachother in every single class, passing notes, and ned even thought he saw them holding hands.

ned has asked peter about his and michelle's newfound closeness a few times before. but, peter ignores it most every time. he even tried once in between classes today, but, he had slammed his locker and said, "ned, seriously, drop it."before he walked away.

ned really didn't know what to do about it, so he decided to drop it. he and peter have never had a real fight. he could tell this could start something. ned was still curious, though, he couldn't help it.

————

ned was now on his way from his to peter's apartment. he needed some help with physics homework. like always. he really isn't as smart as he comes off.

he knocked softly on the door, surprised at how fast it opened. he smiled as he was engulfed in a warm hug by may.

"hey, sweetie. i made cookies if you want some?" she laughed, "peter is in his room. but, he is not alone." ned smiled again, taking a cookie.

he walked down the hall, surprisingly not making any noise. he saw both peter and michelle on peter's bed. peter was clearly going on about something and michelle was drawing on his arm. "so, that is what the art on his arms comes from." he thought, inwardly. he smiled, for the third time since entering the apartment.

he walked back down the hall and took a seat at the counter. may had given him a glass of milk along with more cookies.

"it is kind of cute,really," she explained. "she has been coming over a lot, lately. almost every day. she had come here one night, saying she needed to talk to peter.she had seemed really upset, so i made them both tea. by the time they both came back out, the tea had gone cold. peter also came out sporting fresh doodles all over his arms.

"peter told me a little later that whenever she is anxious or upset, he tells her about his day while she draws on him. it calms her down. but, between you an me, he definitely has feelings for her."

ned finally understood. it was comfort for both of them. well, for michelle. as far as he knew. she has always been a very private person. with a reputation. she has always been the blunt girlwith no emotions or feelings. for anyone. clearly that had changed.

she gets it. she needs someone, now. someone she could trust to open up to. and of course, peter went along with her privacy. she had a reputation to protect.

he smiled at may and nodded, finishing his cup of milk. "i'll come by later to get his help with the homework. i wouldn't want to impede on their alone time."

————

little did either of them know, michelle doesn't need to doodle on peter anymore. she just uses it as an excuse to be close to him.

————

from ned's pov. i thought it would be nice to do a story from the point of view outside a relationship. i haven't really seen that.

what do you think?

please, vote, it would mean a lot!
————
647 words