2: ~Where Is He?~

Credit artist: Instagram - zakatami
-
-
-
Mumbo's P.O.V

It's a mess out here. All buildings are almost reduced to rubble. The sight makes my heart drop. Grian can take a hard hit but just once a day. I-I'm scared that he won't be able to make it out of this-

No.

He will make it, I don't care what happens, as long as Grian is breathing in my arms and can smile his adorable smile again I'm okay. He's gonna be okay. We're gonna be okay.

Grian please, be okay, we're coming for you.

"GRIAN! GRIAN! COME ON DUDE I KNOW YOUR NOT DEAD!" Iskall and Ren are screaming at the top of their lungs. We're all looking down on the ground, for some sign of the red shirted man. "He has to be around here. We'll have to search through the debris." Ren shouted through the wind. The rain picked up and it felt like hail. Right and left every little debris pile was checked by us. Cuts and bruises everywhere. We were searching desperately. Thoughts were racing though my head, I dug through the rubble with my bare hands despite to find his ALIVE body. My hands were bare flesh from digging so hard but I didn't give two sh-

I fell to the floor in tears. My hands burning, my fingers reduced to bloody bones. I can't, I can't deal with the fact that Grian might be gone forever. H-he can be. I-I don't think I can live knowing the fact that Grian is here somewhere and we are too big of spoons to find him.

Iskall notices my struggle and calmly says "My dude, it's gonna be harder to look when there is only two of us look. I swear we will find him. And strike me dead if I'm lyi-"

CRASH! THUD!

"UH OKAY NO THAT'S NOT WHAT I MEANT GOD PLEASE SPARE ME TO FIND GRIAN AT LEAST."

I found the irony funny and his work encourages me. Come on Mumbo, spoons are useful! Especially when it comes to finding adorable... *ahem* Grian.

Iskall's P.O.V

The wind is harsh on our ears, it's like when you swim to the bottom of the pool and your eardrums ring under so much pressure. The rain is not any better. It's freezing cold, Gah! Grian must be fridge out there. Poor guy, same with Mumbo. I swear the dude is going to claw himself to his grave trying to find a trace of Grian.

Ren suddenly grabs hold of my shoulder. "ISKALL! WHERE IS MUMBO! WE HAVE TO GO BACK, NIGHT IS ABOUT TO RISE." Ren is basically fight for his right of speech from this wind.

"REN! WE CAN'T LEAVE WITHOUT GRIAN! HE COULD DIE OUT HERE!"

"WELL THE LEAST WE CAN DO IS BUNKER DOWN SOMEWHERE SAFE FOR NOW!"

"GAH! FINE! YOU'VE GOT A POINT. YOU CONVINCE MUMBO WHILE I FIND A PLACE TO BUNKER DOWN."

"JUST DON'T DIE ISKALL."

"YOU AS WELL REN THE DOG."

RenDog's P.O.V

The mustached man was still looking for the poor Grian. I don't know how I'm going to convince him to relax and sleep for a little. Mumbo can't keep this vigilant search up. I swear even if I have to drag him to get him to call down it'll be worth it for his benefit.

"MUMBO!"

...

"MUMBO I KNOW YOU CAN HEAR ME!"

...

"MUMBO PLEASE WE HAVE TO TAKE SHELTER! IT'S BEGINNING TO BECOME NIGHT! WE COULD DIE OUT HERE!"

"OH YEAH AND SO CAN GRIAN REN! HE'S PROBABLY INJURED TO THE BRINK OF DEATH! SO YOU EITHER HELP ME OR LEAVE TO MY SEARCHING."

I swear Mumbo is more stubborn than bedrock. I feared the worst for him. Grian and Mumbo have always been close, Mumbo would basically take his own life for him. "Sorry Mumbo. But you have to rest..." Before Mumbo could turn around I grabbed my shovel and smashed it into his head, knocking him out. Leave Mumbo temporarily cooperative.

"REN! I FOUND A CAVE THAT CAN HOLD US FOR..."

"IT WAS REALLY THE ONLY WAY ISKALL!"

"WHAT!"

"NEVER MIND I'LL TELL YOU IN THE CAVE! LEAD THE WAY!"

We finally get into some shelter. Iskall tends to Mumbo's head and I start us a fire. I have some bowls in my pockets so I gather some mushrooms for Mumbo, Iskall and I. While picking mushrooms, I hear Iskall letting out a sigh. "You know my dude, you didn't have to hit him so hard." Iskall lays Mumbo down on a makeshift bed made with a backpack and a shirt under him. "Mumbo has a thick skull." Iskall walks over to Ren and smacked his face. "R u d e!" I let out a little chuckle. "I'm just trying to lighten the mood.

After a little while of collecting the mushrooms, I start to cooking over our little fire. Mumbo suddenly jumps from his rest covered in sweat and ready to leave. Iskall grabbed him "Dude, please." Mumbo stares daggers at him but complies. He plops himself in front of the fire. Watching me cook the stew, oddly quiet.

"It's almost done Mumbo."

...

"Mumbo, we have to stay here it's better for us to not overwork ourselves."

"I know.. it's just I feel very useless right now."

"Man Mumbo your not useless, it's just our human need to rest once and a while before we can work our hardest later."

After I finish my sentence I pour the stew and handed it to Mumbo then to Iskall. Iskall is the first to finish and the first to fall asleep. I tell Mumbo to rest and when I wake up he better not be gone. After that I drifted off into sleep.

Mumbo sighs to himself "Grian. Please be okay."

~Words: 969