Chapter III: Why?

JENNIE

"Jennie unnie, wake up! We're already late!" Lisa woke me up, shaking me while shouting, "It's already 7 frigging 43 in the morning!"

"Two more minutes, please." I said with my sleepy voice, still eyes closed. "I'm still sleepy."

"Unnie!"

"Okay, okay. Stop shouting now, alright? Gosh, my precious eardrums." I sat up with my eyes slightly open, yawning. I looked at the clock on my side table and the displayed time was 7:44 in the morning. Heck, Lisa wasn't kidding!

I quickly stood up and goes in the bathroom to do my morning routine. Then I rushed downstairs and there, i saw Jisoo unnie, Chaeng, and Lijja, relaxing on the couch while watching television.

"Where on Earth are your minds!?" I kind of raised my voice a little. They just looked at me and chuckled. Oh my lord, what's wrong with them!?

"Hey, Jennie-yah, calm down. We're not late yet. Lisa just adjusted your clock that's why. Look." Jisoo unnie pointed at the wall clock.

Damn yeah, it's just 6:55 in the morning. Nice psh. I just glared at them and then they bursted out into laughter. I just frowned and grabbed a bread then walked out of the house. I heard them calling my name but, ah i don't know. I'm pissed off.

Time skipped.

I entered our classroom and rested my head on the arm of my chair. I'm still sleepy, and it's my girls' fault!

After a couple of minutes, i felt a hand that's touching my hair. I sat properly to see who was the frigging person who ruined my resting moment.

"Who the hell-" i was surprised to see who touched my hair.

Aziz's POV

"Who the hell-" Jennie didn't finish her sentence when her eyes landed on me. Did she see a ghost behind me?

"Hey, hey. Calm down, okay? Calm down." I said, raising my two hands as a sign of surrendering. "It's me, Aziz."

"O-oh.. I'm sorry for my sudden reaction.." she said, looking at the floor.

"You seem not okay." I commented when i saw the uneasiness on her face.

"No, I'm fine, oppa. I'm just tired and sort of sleepy." she smiled, showing her gummy.

I cupped her cheeks with a smile curved on my lips. "Let's eat later together, my treat."

She just nodded but i could tell that her cheeks turned red. After some minutes, her friends arrived so did the teacher.

The bell suddenly rang. I looked at my watch and 11:30 am was displayed on it.

"See you later in the cafeteria." I whispered right in Jennie's ear before running outside. While running outside, i bumped onto someone. His coffee were spilled on him, and on me.

"Ah, fucking moron!" He groaned.

"Oh, I'm so sorry. Here, let me help y-" My words were cut when i recognized his face. "Jongin!?"

He looked at me with the annoyance on his face, but it was replaced with a wide smile when he recognized me as well. "Aziz Kim! Woah, long time no see, man!"

We both did a fist bomb and chuckled together.

"How've you been, man? Since when do you study here? You seem gaining weight huh? Where's the others? How are they?" Jongin hyung attacked me with his questions.

"Hey, bro, calm down." I said, giggling. "The boys are doing good. I'm also fine. You, how are you?"

"Still the same." He chuckled.

I suddenly remembered that Jennie was waiting for me in the cafeteria! How can i forgot that- "Hey, hyung. I gotta go now. Someone's waiting for me. I'm sorry, see you around!" I excused myself then quickly ran towards the cafeteria.

I roamed my eyes around the cafeteria to search for Jennie but i can't find her. "Where is she?" I asked myself. When I turned around, not so far from my spot, my eyes landed on someone. Someone who was back hugging Jennie. I felt something.. Something that i can't explain.. I should be happy for her, because she had a boyfriend that is trusted. She had a boyfriend that i deeply know. But why does it hurts? Why or how? It's just the second day of the dare but.. This feeling is unusual.. I should be happy for them. I just ran away. I don't know why but i found myself on the rooftop. I sat down on the only chair and looked up at the sky. How beautiful. Just like Jennie. I closed my eyes, thinking about what I have witnessed earlier.

"Of all people, why does it have to be you?" I whispered to myself as tears escaped from my eyes. "Why?"

~A~