Chapter 9

Leanna was already at the campfire. Or, what was left of the campfire. She set down the sticks she collected and looked around. Where are the others? Since she came back, the only people Leanna saw were Emely and William, who looked really worried but didn't talk to either of them.

     She heard a groan. There they are! She was relieved no campers got hurt. Wait, what's that? Why is Joyce limping? And what's on her FOOT? She jumped up from the log she was sitting on.

     "Joyce! Are you okay?" She and Emely rushed to her. Joyce put an arm around them to keep herself up.

     "Yeah, I just got shot by an arrow. Love that." They headed into the blue tent. Leanna looked behind her. Noah and Park Ranger Daniel were standing there watching them. Noah had a bundle of sticks in his hand, and Daniel had a medkit with him.

     "Did you guys bring her back?"

     Daniel answered her. "Yeah, there was an accident in the woods. Everyone should watch out for arrows."

     Joyce sat down on the floor of the tent to lay down her foot. "Okay guys, I'm good now."

     "Bye." Leanna headed outside. She hoped that her sister, Stella, was fine. And where's Charles? Did he also get shot too? But then, she saw him running out of the trees.

     Charles was so tired. Why do I have to get sticks TOO? When I get back, I'm going straight to bed for my beauty sleep. Finally, he saw the tents across the bridge. Yaasss. He could see everyone sitting around the messed up campfire.

     1, 2, 3, 4, 5... Where's that Joyce? Isn't there 7 of them? OH WAIT. She dead, isn't she? Charles was scared to death. He started running. AHHH, the murderer is probably behind me!!!!!

     After a while, he reached them and sat his butt down as fast as he could.

     "Hey Charles, thought you died out there," said Daniel.

     "I thought I was gonna be dead too... Is there a dead person? Did someone die?"

     "What! No. Joyce got shot in the leg. She's in the blue tent." Daniel got up. "I'll fix the fire guys. Don't worry about it."

     Charles turned toward Noah, who was looking into the blue tent with a scared expression.

     "What's up with your face? You look like you saw a demon."

     "I kind of hid something in that tent. I hope the girl doesn't find it."

     "Ooohh, what?

     At that moment, he heard Joyce say, "I see something in the blue tent! Come in here guys. But shhh, don't tell Daniel."

"