25

mother. you always take my hand urging me to sit down with you to talk. you always tell me your story that now i have it memorized in a book of misery that wrote itself in my mind. and when the feelings you stretch upon me become too suffocating i lose myself trying to find a way to become numb. cause your pain kisses me so roughly that the taste of it is always there when i lick my lips in anticipation of what advice you're going to feed me next. you caress my hair with your wilting fingers as you whisper your mistakes in life one by one. you say that you don't want me to go through what you did. but thats where you are wrong mother. if you really wanted me to be happy you wouldn't have told me that there is an undying pain that is deeply rooted in you. you would have hushed yourself before you made me press my hands so hard to my ears for i didn't want to know that i was a mistake that was better left six feet under. but i don't blame you for being harsh as i realized that the world collapsed on your heart destroying it. mother. i know that you're not so capable of soft love anymore. and the only way you can possibly make me believe that you're my mother is when i look into in the mirror i see the same pain blooming within me.