Chapter 2: Daisies

Helloo DUCKIES!! Chapter 2 right after chapter 1 what????? LMAO let get on the grind. Let me know what you dudes think!

After inhaling three muffins and abandoning the muffin basket in the kitchen I barely managed to drag my comforter-clad body up the stair and back into my deliciously, soft, cloud-like bed. 

I only had to enjoy 5 more hours of sweet, sweet sleep before I was finally ready to face the day. 

I glanced at the burger-shaped alarm clock on my side table. It was covered in tape and glue from many desperate attempts to put in back together after I threw it across the room one too many times. Or thirty.

It read 12:50. Eh. Not bad for a Saturday snooze fest.

 I couldn't help, but wonder if I should go apologize to that Conner kid. It, not his fault that he didn't know that I am a groggy monster before 10:00 am.

 Simply wrong place at the wrong time. 

The plan for today was simple: Do nothing. At all. 

Breathing would even be considered a hardship with my plans. Maybe I could just breath in tiny spurts of energy. Hmm. I'd have to try it out. Well at least until the weekly dinner at the Morrison's but that wasn't until like 6:00 or 7:00.

I picked up my phone to see the messages I had missed while embracing the irrefutable appeal of sleeping for as long as possible:

One was from Lucy St. Clair, one of my best friends in the group chat quaintly titled "HoEs WiTh ToEs" (credit to moi for the perfect name). 

She was spilling the beans on her latest hookup with a meathead from the football team, "OMG SOMEONE PLEASE CALL ME BRAD AND I HOOKED UP LAST NIGHT PLS IM DYING I NEED SOMEONE TO CALL ME LIKE RIGHT NOW ANYWAY CALL ME WHEN U GET THIS PLS. GUYSSS." 

This text was followed by at least 20 other texts asking, no, BEGGING for someone to call her. Oh, Lucy, as perky and vivacious as always. I'd call her later to find out all the juicy details.

Another was from Mrs. Morrison, sweetly letting me know that dinner was served at 7:00 pm, but I could come over and help her cook at 5:00 if I wanted to. 

She was so sweet. I quickly typed out an acceptance and letting her know to make sure she had the fire extinguisher on hand. Because if I was going to be cooking...well, it's best to be prepared.

And last, but certainly not least was Kurt. His simple "Can i come over?" was enough to give me palpitations. 

I had long been attempting and maybe succeeding at hiding my feeling from Kurt. He didn't feel the same way. I knew that. 

He made that very clear by dating every bitch with boobs who went to Harrison High. Well, that's not fair to his girlfriends. Some of them didn't have boobs.

I told him "sure" and began to get ready. I through on a large, loose sweater with a faded laughing duck on it saying, "You QUACK me up!", pair of leggings and my fluffiest socks. 

I then headed down to the kitchen where the muffins lay waiting for me. That kid really wasn't kidding. The muffins were the best thing I had ever put in my mouth. I was halfway through a chocolate chip muffin when I heard the back door slide open and Kurt's blond head popped in.

"Hey, Chlo. Ooh, where did you get the muffins?" He said as he greedily grabbed a muffin for himself before I could grab the basket away from him. I was an only kid. Wasn't he biggest fan of sharing.

"I made them," I responded with my mouth full of muffin.

He laughed so hard he choked on his muffin.