Chapter 6: Chrysanthemum

Two updates in one day? WHATTT??? Craziness.

Jk wait till i disappear for another two weeks (JK JK JK JK)

This a long one, let me tell you...

ENJOY ;)

I was outside the Conner's house at exactly 7:30 and had come to the resolution that if he wasn't in my car and buckled by 7:33 I was leaving without him.

I had racked my brain all last night and consulted my local love expert, Lucy, on the proper procedure for moving on from yesterday's events.

Lucy said if I caused it I should have gotten rid of it. I wasn't sure if I could respond to that.

I looked at the time on the dashboard. 7:32.

One minute and I was gone. One minute and I was out of here and away from the mess Conner was wrecking in my head.

Things had been so easy pining for Kurt. He was the only guy who had ever made me feel like that. And now Conner had to come and ruin it with his perfect sarcastic quips and his electric eyes and his perfect lips and face and humor and voice and...

Well, I could go on. But after my conversation with Lucy and after she recommended that I move on from Kurt and jump on this new mystery boy, I promptly decided to stomp out any sensations or feelings I was getting for Conner.

I heard a door slam and I saw Conner booking it to my car.

Shit. So much for my plan of stomping out any sensations.

Conner was wearing the Wilburn Academy uniform and he looked scrumptious in it.

He had his maroon uniform jacket haphazardly thrown on and he was fumbling with a tie around his neck.

I glanced at the clock again. 7:33. Maybe I should just leave...

Conner reached for the door and climbed in.

He threw his bag in the backseat.

Well then, just make yourself at home.

"God, this is so stupid! Stupid, stupid tie!" He sighed dramatically, crossing his arms across his chest and sinking into the seat. He looked like an indignant child. For a guy who probably towered over half of the world's population, his child like behavior was laughable.

Poor guy.

"Alright, sit up and come here." I said with a sigh. I signed up to chauffer not dress.

He gave me an odd look, probably questioning my motives. I didn't have time for this.

"Come on! We've got places to go, people to see." I exclaimed.

He sat up and leaned over, my long fingers made quick work of the rogue tie. I sat back and admired my work.

"There," I said. "It's perfect!"

He popped down the passenger mirror. "Not bad, Dwyer. Not bad at all."

I looked at the road and pulled on to it, heading into the heart of Cherry Oak.

The silence between us was suffocating. I kept my eyes on the road and from what I could see in my peripheral, Conner was straightening his uniform and fussing with his shoes. It looked like he was just trying to keep his hands busy.

Eventually, though, he removed the last piece of lint from his socks and disrupted the quiet.

"This is a nice car," he said. "Was it a gift?"