Man's Technique

Edward was sitting at the bar, beer in hand as he looked gloomily in front of him, his eyes not focusing on anything in particular.

The stool next to him was dragged backwards, and an elderly man sat down upon it. "Why are you looking so sad?"

Edward looked to the kind gentleman beside him, deciding he wanted to confide in him. "Well you see sir, my wife Elaine, she left me, and I just feel so sad..." He felt tears prickling in his eyes.

The gentleman smiled and patted him on his back. "Ah, son, don't be tearing up now. Let me teach you a skill now, a man's technique. It hasn't failed me once in my fifty years of marriage." The man paused momentarily, and Edward looked up at him.

"Women want a man that is confident, that knows what he wants. So you just go up to her, grab her, and take her with you. Show her what love is like in your bed."

Edward looked happier now. "You're right! I should just get her back!" Th gentleman smiled at him as he ran out the bar, to his car, and drove off.

Edward smiled all the time now, and when he parked his car and jumped out and started calling her name.

"Elaine! Elaine, I'm coming for you, honey."

His smile didn't fade as he grabbed a spade and started digging at the ground, just below to where the headstone was.