deux

"Miss Fernsby, will you come to the front?" Mr. Kate asks her.

Her first class at the new school and she's already been called put by a teacher.

"Uhm, sure. Whatever." Tatum walks up to the front of the class and Mr. Kate immediately clamps his hands down on her shoulders in a friendly way.

"Tell us your name, where you moved from, how old you are, and where you were originally from!" Mr. Kate says excitedly. Tatum knew her and her sister's appearances were shocking, but she didn't know they'd be that shocking.

"Uhm, sure?"

The class looks at her with some jealousy in their eyes. She was new and already was a teacher's pet.

"I'm Tatum Jay Fernsby. I moved here from Tacoma and I'm sixteen years old. So, yeah. That's it." Tatum laughs nervously, making other students also chuckle quietly. Tatum makes her way to sit back down but is pulled back.

"Ah ah ahhh! You never told us where you're originally from!" Mr. Kate says.

"Do I really-"

"Yes. It's very interesting, dear!" Mr. Kate nods excitedly. Tatum knew he was either stoned, excited, coffee addicted, or all of the above.

"Fine." Tatum sighs before straightening out her skirt and nervously looking at her shoes.

"Go on! They won't laugh at you." Mr. Kate says in a softer voice, persuading her to do as he says.

"I was born in Biarritz, France."

"OUI OUI, BAGUETTE, CROISSANT, EIFFEL TOWER, TINY MUSTACHES!" a kid in the back shouted in a wild voice.

The whole class, including Mr. Kate and Tatum, started laughing. Out of every school she's ever been to, never had she ever received a reaction like this.

"Can you say stuff in French?" the same kid asked loudly. Tatum nodded shyly before clearing her throat.

"Vous êtes vraiment haut en ce moment," Tatum says, amazing the class. They definitely never heard anything outside of English and Spanish in the area.

"What does that mean?" Keith asks her with a giant smile on his face.

"I like this class a lot."
(a/n: she's lying)

●○●

It was the last class of the morning before lunch, and it was the first class that the Fernsby siblings shared.

To say the least, it would be Hell.

Luckily, it was only Literature. Literature was Bailey's favorite because she was definitely destined to be an author one day.

Tatum liked it, but it wasn't her absolute favorite. She tolerated it, as long as the teacher wasn't some 60-year-old white lady with too much adoration towards her kids.

The siblings meet up at the door to the room, nervously eyeing it. Bailey loved being a teacher's pet, Tatum tolerated it; this was their one chance at a good first impression.

"Ready?" Bailey asks softly, her nerves getting the best of her.

"Oh c'mon, you're gonna make us late!" Tatum groans while grabbing her sister's wrist and dragging her into the classroom.

"You two must be Bailey and Tatum!" an attractive young man says, opening his arms to the girls.

Bailey freezes.

Tatum looks at her sister with wide eyes.

The two double back on the teacher.

Bailey let out a small squeak.

Tatum tries not to giggle.

"Miss Fernsby? Are you alright?"

"Yep. She's fine, where do we sit?" Tatum asks, walking towards the attractive teacher.

"Right there, ladies." He says pointing to a desk near the window.

"Cool, thanks!" Tatum says, grabbing Bailey's wrist again and dragging her, again, to her seat.

"Alright, class. This is Bailey and Tatum Fernsby from Tacoma, Washington. I expect all of you to treat them with respect and welcome them with open arms!"

Tatum leans over to whisper in her sister's ear but Bailey beats her to it.

"Holy shit, I am totally going to Pretty Little Liar this dude. Be my wingman?"

"Did you-"

"Le coup de foudre."

"Hehe, you have to tell mom this time."

"I hate you."

"Love you too, Bai."