cinquante et un

Date night had gone horribly wrong.

To start it all off, Tatum's car blew a tire on the way to Seattle. She had definitely surprised him when she herself changed the tire. 

Then, the place he was planning on asking her out, was under construction. 

Lastly, it started downpouring. 

Jasper could only curse inside his head on the way home. He was so inside his mind, that he didn't realize when Tatum had pulled into her own driveway. He didn't realize until he got out and saw a glimmering in her window. 

"I had a feeling tonight would end up in my room so I decided to do a little something-something," she says. It takes her a couple of seconds.

"End up in your room? My my, you dirty little girl."

"Ew, you're old enough to be my great-grandpa. Also, I didn't mean it that way," she says, dragging him inside. 

"Why aren't your parents home?" he asks as they walk into the locked home.

"My parents took Avery back to Minnesota to see his other grandparents for a while."

"So," Jasper drags out, stopping and pulling Tatum back towards him. "It is just us two?"

"Tis just the two of us," she says, smiling up at him. She goes to move towards the stairs but is pulled back, yet again. 

"So," Jasper drags out, more smugly than before. "We can do whatever we want?"

"Remember, Jas, I'm under 18. You're like, 118."

"Technically, I'm turning 145."

"Holy cheese niblets."

●○●

February 5th 

Today was significantly colder than the first part of the month

Today was significantly colder than the first part of the month. Sadly, it was also the day they had to be outside most. They had a field trip to the greenhouses and Tatum was not thrilled to be outside, in the cold, so early in the morning. She was shivering and it didn't help that Jasper wouldn't hug her. He had decided to make a bet with Emmett that Jasper would/wouldn't be able to go the whole day without having any physical contact with Tatum. She, however, was upset at Emmett for that. 

"Em, I love you, but let me hug my cowboy!"

"Nope, not unless he wants to pay me $150," Emmett says, crossing his arms.

"Then you go a whole day without touching Rose."

"Bet's off," Emmett says, grabbing Rosalie in a hug. Jasper doing the same to her. She happily accepts the hug and snuggles her face into his fluffy jacket. Emmett and Tatum glare at each other playfully. She sticks her tongue out and smirks when he cringes.

●○●

The trip had been really boring. Minus the fact that Edward was confusing the hell out of Bella. Tatum had been told by Alice beforehand and watched beside her as it truly happened. She also witnessed Edward rejecting Bella and it made her feel sorry for the poor girl. She didn't understand the true meaning of what was going on. 

The group of vampires(+ Tatum), hop on the bus and take their respective seats in the very back. Couple paired with couple, leaving Edward and Alice together. Alice kept bickering about how he was being an idiot. Tatum agreed and looked as Jasper stared out the window like he was in a sad music video or something. She places her hand on his thigh and his attention is brought to her.

"You feeling okay?" she whispers very quietly to him. It was no use, his family would hear anyway.

"Yeah, I just want to go home and eat," Jasper says quietly. Tatum takes her hand off his thigh and scoots away, trying to let him be there without temptation, but, he quickly pulls her back towards him.

"I don't have to worry around you, so don't worry about me. Okay?"

"Okay."

"I swear if you two start kissing, I'm out," Emmett says, pulling Rosalie closer. All he gets is a pinch from his wife.

"Emmett?"

"Yes, love of my life?"

"Please shut up," Rosalie says, glaring at him. 

"Alrighty then," Emmett says, looking nervously at his 'girlfriend'. 

The bus stops at the school and soon enough, Tatum is back home.

In her pajamas. Cuddling with her nephew. Wishing that her sister could be with them. 

But, alas, not all wishes come true. 

●○●

(69K READS IS SUCH AN ACCOMPLISHMENT FOR MY INNOCENT, RELIGIOUS SELF)