VII

~Corrine~

       I stood shocked but slowly kissed back. Of course it wasn't because I had feelings for him. It was because the awkwardness of the kiss if I didn't kiss him back.

      Although there was a mix of guilt and pleasure in it.

              He moved back and bit his lip. "Aww Princessa I'm positive your little bad boy would murder me for that" he joked. I laughed and looked to the side.

    Little did he know Ash would actually do it.

            "Yeah" I mumbled rubbing the back of my neck. "Uh hey I have to get going Abby and Lilly need me" I rushed out side stepping him to get to the door. "Are we still on for the fair" he asked me while looking me up and down.

       Anytime he sees me he asks me about it. I was starting to get suspicious of the entire thing.

        "Of course we are idiota, arrivederci" I said without even thinking. "I mean see you after class" I word vomited then dipped out of the door way.

    I've been on a skipping streaks my degree in business would suffer just one more day. I walked out and to my car.

      Starting it up and turning on the radio, I drove off. Ash was taking over a mafia and wanted me to be the queen.

          I drove to a park in the center of the city and sat there. Ashton would find me eventually.

      What the hell do I do or say to him. My childhood friend/ boyfriend/ stalker, for fucks sake I don't even know what he is to me, yet he wants me to be his crown jewel.

            I could never become a queen of any cartel. I knew this was planned out for me since I was a kid.

     The truth of it was my father was a leader as well and I, along with Ash, was a peace treat.

    When we reached of age we are to be married. I didn't want to be apart of that I begged my father to allow me to fall in love.

       Luckily my father gave full control of his gang to the Don so I wouldn't have to marry at 18. It's been two years past our marriage date.

However it seems like Ash still sees us being together. I'll admit  I had a crush on him in middle school, but I chalked it up to being told this was the man I was going to marry.

I snapped out of my thoughts when I seen someone walking over to me.

    I'm sure he has a tracking device on me.

      Usually his jobs would take a lot longer maybe he sent the boys to do majority of it today.
Ash sat down beside me and looked at me. "I thought dad called that deal off" I said without looking at him. "He did but I didn't" he answered like it was no big deal.

I looked over at him and glared. "My wife" he smirked. I rolled my eyes "what if I don't want to marry you" I challenged him. He grabbed me by my chin gently and turned me to face him. "I'll kill any boy you love, try it" he looked serious.

"Ashton-" "You belong to me I've been in love with you since the beginning drop it Corrine"

Pulling me up and dragging me to his car. He sat down in the back and pulled me up onto his lap.

       A very weird position. That unfortunately has a weird affect on me.

"What the fuck Ashton" I moved around trying to get off. "Mhh I wouldn't move that way love " he muttered causing me to instantly stop.

"When I marry you wear red" he looked at me with loving eyes. What the hell has gotten into him. "Are you high" I looked down at him. He just shook his head.

I knew when he lied, he was most definitely high. I climbed to the driver seat despite what he said. "Give me the keys now".

   He put up no fight and handed them to me.

I started driving to the main house. Which was more of a castle with a big gun and rose crest. "The Don missed you" he stated very sober and climbed to the front seat.

         I see, it was a trap to get me back. "Yeah I'm not staying for long" I replied parking the car. "You left your car princess" he smirked and stepped out then opened the door for me. "I was driving I can open a door" I rolled my eyes.

           "If I ever see you open a door I'm gonna cuff our hands together" a once again very serious tone from him but that's normal. He held my hand and walked over to the door of course opening it.

            "Sir and oh my god princess what are you doing here" Mia, one of I guess the house workers, asked me. When I was here she just babysat me and Ash. I pulled her in for a hug. "He tricked me" I said casually as I let go. She just nodded her head and excused herself.

               Ashton pulled me up the stairs and to the Dons room. I wonder what's gonna happen. The last time he seen me I sat in my knees before him and my father begging to be pardoned. I never told Ash that's the real reason being the ending of our engagement.

      He opened the door and here I was face to face with the big man.

            I bowed my head along with Ash out of respect for him. "At ease kids" he spoke out in his thick Italian accent. "Princess come here I haven't seen you since you were a 16"  he smiled a warm smile, that only a man that raised you could hold.

              I walked over to him and smiled giving him a big hug, "Hello sir". "So are you ready to run this place with Ash" he looked between the two of us with a knowing look yet hopeful.

     I can't disappoint him, not again. He was like a second dad. "Of course I am" he smiled at me softly. Something no one ever sees.

              "Come here Corrine I wanna show you the ring". I followed behind him like a puppy. The ring. The queens ring. I'm not really ready to become a beacon of what I was supposed to be.

             He pulled out a red diamond ring. Which could've also been ruby, all I know for sure is it was huge. "Soon this will be on your finger" he twirled the ring and looked at me. "You know what you have to do as a queen" I nodded my head in reply.

          If I were to be married off the Ashton I'd love to to his mothers name. I owed it to her.

       I was unready at least there was time in between this, it's been two years part the prime so what's a few more.

         "Good it'll start in two days"

        Two days