Chapter 19

I hopped upstairs to my room and slammed the door shut,locked it and I let the tears fall.

I couldn't believe that my parents wouldn't believe me! I cried harder. There was a harsh knock on the door.

"Danielle let me in now!"It was my mom.She knew I hated to be called 'Danielle'.

I didn't answer.I heard whispers and then another rough knock."Open the door now!"My mother screamed. I slid off of my bed and hopped over to open the door. As soon as I unlocked it the door swung open. "Where are the earrings?"Was all my Dad said.

I went to my suitcase and pulled them out,tossing them to my Dad.

"I didn't steal them!"I protested.

My mom and dad both gave me a dissatisfied looks.

"Fine, don't believe anything I say!"i grabbed my crutches and honked passed them.

"Danny, you are grounded!I forbade you to go anywhere!"My Father ordered.

And me being the sassiest person to ever live,I emoted them and Just kept going. I slowly went down the stairs. Then I grabbed Jacks car keys off of the coat rack and went out the front door.

I heard my parents coming so I quickly crutched my way over to Jacks car and started it and I peeled out of the driveway.

I decided to go to Josh's house.

-twenty minutes later-

I rung the door bell and waited on Josh's porch.

Josh opened the door. He look as cute as ever. "Hey Danny you okay?"Josh asked his face filled with concern.I dropped my crutches and let myself fall into Josh's arms. I let the tears flow.

Josh rubbed my back. "Shhhhh,Danny,ignore Mike I won't let him hurt you."Josh simpered.

I nodded into his shirt,crying harder.

"My parents still don't believe me!"I wailed.

Josh scooped me up and carried me to upstairs and into his room.Josh sat down on his bed with me in his lap.

"Danny,don't worry when they learn the truth they will feel so bad and Mike will finally get what he deserves."Josh cooed.

"But what if that never happens?"I asked,wiping away a tear.It was. Miracle that I didn't have time to put makeup on. I probably looked horrible.

Josh shook his head. "It will,"I hugged Josh tighter.

"Thanks Josh,"

"No don't say that Danny it's the truth."Josh softly told me.

"But you and Alex and Matt are the only ones that believe me and they are to scared to tell,because Mike will ruin them!"I whined.

Josh nodded with a look of disgust on his face. "That's stupid they are your friends,Danny."

I nodded sadly. My phone started to vibrate. It was my mom I looked up at Josh. "Should I answer?"Josh shrugged. "It's your choice."

I hesitated and then I hit answer and O heard my Mom.

"Danny were are you?"My mom asked in a panic.

"None of your business."I spat.

"Danny please,honey tell me where you are!"My mom sounded desperate.

"No!I am not!When I get home your just going to yell at me and tell me that I am a horrible person and Then I will tell you that Mike stole the earrings and framed me and then that he forced me to hit his car by threatening and hitting me!"I cried.

There were whispers on the other line. "Danny,Just come home you've been gone for a couple of hours."My Mom said weakly. That long?wow.

"No,not until you believe me.And I know you don't want me back!"I hit end and threw my phone on the floor and I slid back into Josh's lap.

"They don't want me back."I said wrapping my arms around him.

"Yes they do Danny,Now that you god them you aren't coming home until they believe you they will hopefully search for the truth."

Josh kissed the top of my head.

I hugged Josh tighter. "Your the best,"I yawned.

"I know,"Josh said with a cocky grin on his face.

I slid resisted myself ,now my head was on Josh's lap and I was wrapped up in Josh's bed covers.My cast was propped up on a pillow. Josh was still sitting,my hair in his hands.

"Why do you like to play with my hair?"I asked him.

Josh just shrugged.

"I probably should go,but...you know....my parents..."

"I know and my parents will be here soon,so...."

"I probably should leave."I sat up. "But I don't want to."I continued.

"I know but my parents will tell your parents that you were here and I don't think they should know yet,with what's going on."

"I know but we went to Hawaii together so they should be wondering."I reminded Josh.

"Yeah,"Josh shook his head.

"What?"I asked.

"I just still can't believe that Mike would do this to you.And that your all mine. "

I blushed. "I know,I know but Mike will eventually get what he deserves."I tried to reassure Josh.

"I should go,"I said after a long pause.

Josh kissed me and nodded.

"I'll see you tomorrow?"He asked.

I was about to shake my head 'no' but I remembered something,Jack was Josh's best friend so Jack could help.

I nodded. "Bye,Love you!"I kissed Josh's cheek,knowing that annoys him because I wouldn't kiss him on the lips.

I laughed.

"Fine,but only because you so cute!"I kissed Josh on the lips.

Then I got up and left.

-at Danny's house-

I pulled into my drive and got out of Jacks car. I saw a familiar car parked in the driveway.

It was Mike's car.