*recap*

A/N: highly reccomend reading 'call out my name' first so that everything makes sense, but here's a recap of the most important moments from the first book to refresh your memory :) the first real chapter coming tomorrow!

~the concert~

As she makes her way off stage, my heart drops. It's like finally meeting the pavement, tricked into believing you were flying but all you were doing was falling. I feel stuck and immovable, stiff like dried cement. Fans filter out but my hands clench around the railing to the barricade, so tight my knuckles lose color. I need to see her but I won't get to again and it fucking hurts.

"Billie asked for you."

~reunited~

Shutting my eyes, I inhale when I feel two fingers tap my shoulder, and electricity turns my body numb. I turn around and stumble backward at the blue eyes looking back at me.

"Hey," Billie whispers, flipping her hair over her shoulder and biting back her smooth bottom lip. I stand frozen, not expecting this at all. I thought I'd feel uncomfortable but I've never felt more at ease. But I still don't move, not sure where to go from here.

"H-"

She cuts me off by running up to me, crashing into my chest as she wraps her arms around my waist. I lean into her hug, and my feet lift off the ground so the tips of my toes drag across the ground while she spins me in a little circle. Everything with her feels too surreal. 

~first kiss~

I want more, just one kiss that'll keep me satisfied throughout the show until I'm back with her. Her hands pull my chin up toward her, while her thumb grazes over my bottom lip. She closes her eyes, waiting for me to break through the space. I wait for something in my head to tell me I shouldn't, but for once my thoughts are quiet, like this is really what I need. I trust my instincts and start to close in, and her lips match mine like they were made to fit. My knees shake and it's all I can do to stand upright while letting myself melt into her embrace without falling to the floor. But, it feels like there isn't ground beneath our feet, and if I pull away, nothing will catch me. 

~first big fight~

"Yo, the only lyric I'm really feeling in that song right now is 'I guess being lonely fits me,'" she begins and is interrupted by the crowd screaming. My heart practically plunges hearing that, but I wait for the 'just kidding' part next.

"I think I'll be alone forever, to be honest..."

More cheers.

"Fuck love."

...

Hannah looks at me with expectations, like she's begging me without words to say something. But I don't, I just can't. So she speaks for me.

"I'm giving you what you said you wanted..."

I squeeze my eyes shut so she doesn't see me cry.

"To be alone."

~parents take hannah home w/o billie knowing~

"So you don't run away with this Billie guy again," my dad snaps with ice in his tone from behind me. I whirl around and can't help but laugh in his face. When I get mad, there's no holding back.

"Billie's a girl," I smirk, as their faces relax a little bit hearing that. My mom crosses her arms, nodding at him to talk more because she's just so done with me.

"Well at least--"

"And she's my soulmate," I finish.

...