prisoner

inspo: prisoner, the weeknd ft. lana del rey

~

Maybe I've been always destined to end up in this place...

Billie's POV:

"You really think this is gonna work?" Hannah laughs as I bend her head down towards the sink and start to wash out black hair dye with my hands. I bite my lip and glance in the mirror, locking eyes with her.

"Like, we always kept us on the down low, and there aren't any pictures of you or us together. I'm not really worried," I play it cool, waiting for a better time to tell her the other two parts of my plan. I know she won't like it, but desperate times.

I reach inside one of the bathroom drawers and pull out a pair of scissors just as Hannah stands back up and turns around. Her eyes drift down to them and she scoffs, instantly moving to the corner.

"Not gonna fucking happen," she warns me and I harden my stare, waiting for her to cave.

"Don't give me that look, what if the roles were switched?" Hannah crosses her arms and raises her eyebrows. I sigh loudly and she steps closer and twists a piece of my hair around her finger.

"Okay, fine, I won't," I settle and she relaxes, letting go of my hair and wrapping her arms around me. I tuck my head on top of her shoulder and grip the scissors a little tighter as my hands slip around her back. Before she pulls away, I quickly chop off a piece, stopping at about the top of her shoulders. She jerks at the sound then shrieks, pushing me into the wall.

"Tell me you didn't..."

I smirk and open up my palm, dropping a wet piece of her hair to the bathroom tiles.

"You do realize I've killed before, right?" Hannah says with a straight face and my heart races a little. Not gonna lie she can be intimidating when she wants to be, and I just cut off a piece of her hair. But I like to think I'm more intimidating than she is even when she puts everything into it.

I step off from leaning against the wall and walk over to her, and she walks backward until she's the one leaning against the opposite wall.

"You gonna kill me, mama?"

Hannah holds her breath for only a second then shakes her head slowly, as if she had to actually think about it. I run my tongue over my bottom lip, and smirk as I brush my fingers through the rest of her hair.

"So let me do this so nobody recognizes you and tries to take you away," I say slow and calm, watching her shoulders droop back down to normal as she nods.

"But if I look horrible, I will kill you," Hannah snaps up her head and grabs my hand before I can pick up another piece of hair.

"Not possible," I whisper and kiss her forehead, smiling at her blush.

~

"Have you told her yet?" Finneas asks when I open up the door an hour later, keeping him standing out in the hall.

"Tell me what?" Hannah cuts in and I glare at him. I wasn't going to break the news until she had time to get over hating me for her hair, but now Finneas ruined that for me. 

"No," I turn back to him as I clarify. 

His face drops a little then he works to fight off a smile, whispering under his breath as he walks back to his room:

"Good luck."

I shut the door and sigh, and Hannah peers over at me from the bed.

"Okay so there's just one more part to my plan, promise you won't get mad," I talk her down as she slides off the bed and walks over to me looking sus.

"No, but tell me anyway," Hannah deflects my attempt and I give her a shy smile, probably making her more nervous. I crack my knuckles and shake out my shoulders when she grabs my wrist and looks me dead in the eyes.

"Okay, so we couldn't just bring you along without giving you like, an identity. So, you might not like it, and neither will I..." I pause, not for dramatic effect, but because it's going to be hard to say, especially since she didn't promise not to be mad.

"Billie if you don't tell me right now--"

"You have to pretend to be Finneas's girlfriend," I blurt out and watch her face go through multiple phases of shock and disbelief. When my expression stays serious and she knows I'm not joking, she lets go of my wrist and leans back on the bed.

"Okay, like I get it, but that's so fucking weird. I don't think I can do that," Hannah finally acknowledges what I said, and I know how she's feeling.

"I know, but think about it. If I just brought you along and said you were my friend, they'd look into it more and it'd be too obvious. But if we say you're going along for Finneas, my managers won't really think twice about it," I explain deeper and she seems to start to get it. We sit next to each other in awkward silence, thinking about what this will mean, how we're going to have to act when we're not alone like this anymore. I always thought I wouldn't care as long as she's in the same room, but they're going to have to make it seem believable. And I don't know how I'll handle that.

"Okay, I'll do it. But you have to promise not to get mad or jealous because this is your idea," Hannah searches into my eyes and I sigh with a nod. She smiles weakly and kisses me softly, and I lean my forehead against hers, trying to remind myself that things could be much worse, and to prepare myself for the first day of the tour tomorrow.

It's hard for me to look into your eyes, when I say I would be nothing without your love