Eye Of the Storm

( Lemon warning )

Exhaustion. The long nights you worked tirelessly, the massive undertaking that was saving the lands left you with too much fatigue. With the small rests in between you were still burned out. You longed for the days that you could sneak into a certain werewolf's room, crack open a book of fiction and sit in silence next to him, reading. "[Y/N]?" The lackadaisical stare in your eyes forced a vigilant alarm within the man. He gently jolted you from the void you were staring into, your eyes moving to him listlessly.  "I was going to ask if you were okay, it's clear you're not."

Your voice grumbled a bit, how many times you had to raise your voice to simply talk over the two sides of the same coin left you nearly hoarse. "I'm fine, Vilkas." He shook his head wildly.

"Liar." He scooped you up, effortlessly even with the extra weight. You were used to his arms under your legs and back. The familiarity of it hadn't stopped you from panicking for a moment. He ushered you both into your room, kicking the door closed then walking to the bed. It was warmer than one would have guessed all the way up here. "There is no way you're fine when we've just gone through all that. Men acting like children. You must have at least a headache." He gingerly sat you down.

"Oh, well..." You continued to look at him even as he turned to walk away from you. "I had expected that, actually. Vilkas, the important part is that we got them to agree. We can continue now. We are so close, I just feel it..."

He locked the door, sighing. "It's not the important part. I understand the gravity of the situation and the plight of others are not lost on me. Not everyone is content in their place in life like me. If the world actually ended right now I would go down with it, by your side in a blaze of glory. But-" he walked back towards you, his steeled eyes staring into your soul. You felt important to only him when he looked at you like this. It relieved most of the weight off of your shoulders. A blessing, actually. "Saving all those around us would mean nothing to me if it took every bit of you to do it." Your eyes were locked on him, a light blushing dusted your cheeks. He was always so sweet. "I refuse to lose you in this process." He caressed your cheek before starting to remove your armor.

"You won't." Your hand moved to his to reassure him. "How could I let that happen? There's too much for me to live for." You watched a slight smile as your chest plate was hoisted off you, carefully set on the floor. You started to remove your gloves and boots, the man before you removing his own armor.

"Thank you for saying that, but I won't watch you run yourself into the ground either. I'm here to take care of you. Let's get you to sleep, you've had a long, stressful day." He took your boots and gauntlets. Your pants slipped off just before you retreated into the comfortable bed. He followed after lovingly folding your pants and his with your stuff, arm out. You lifted up, his arm moving under your neck, the other wrapping around you as your body relaxed into his warmth. He sighed, happily. "My darling wife..." He whispered.

"It was." You smiled softly, before cuddling a little closer to him. "Would have been worse, but you were there." Your nose touched his. After a moment you pressed your lips into his. It was bottomless, the blazing kiss brought upon repercussions once it broke. You struggled to keep up with the pace your heart set. Even after this long, being with him maybe you feel like it was the first time you'd kissed. His pithy eyes were fastened to you, lost in wonder. "Vilkas..." You groaned his name as lightly as you could. Soon he felt the comfortable touch of your fingers exploring his chest, running down his stomach. "I love you..."

He smiled softly, inching his lips towards your own. "I never get tired of hearing those words or seeing your beautiful face when you say them..." He scooped up your lips in his own, squeezing your body closer to his. You took the moment to plunge your exploring hand below the belt. Cupping his slightly hard cock through his boxers. His lips pulled from you in surprise. "L...love?"