Chapter I: the Proclamation

In a room of his castle in Auradon, prince Ben, son of queen Belle and king Adam(the Beast), was getting fitted for an outfit to wear for his coronation. He was looking out the window at the Isle of the Lost,the place where his parents sent all the villains and trapped them there with a magical barrier, when his parents came in the room.
"How is it that you're gonna be king next month. You're still only a baby!"king Adam commented.
"He's 16 dear." queen Belle replied.
"Still too young. I didn't make a good decision until I was at least 42!"
"Uuh, you married me at 28." Belle pointed out.
"Well, it was you or a teapot." he answered jokingly. Belle shot him a glare.
"Kidding, kidding." he assured her. Ben cracked a smile before speaking up:
"I've decided on my first official proclamation. I've decided that the children on the Isle of the Lost should be given a chance, to live here in Auradon."
The smiles on king Adam and queen Belle's faces fell. Ben continues, stepping of the stool:
"Every time I look out the window I feel like they've been abandoned."
"The children of our sworn enemies, living among us?" king Adam questions with a stern look on his face.
"We start out with a few at first. Only the ones that need our help the most."he answers, "I've already chosen them.".
"Have you?"
"I gave you a second chance." Belle says to her husband. "Who are their parents?"
"Cruella de Vil, Jafar, Scar, Evil Queen, Queen of Hearts" Ben makes a pause before revealing the most concerning name " and Maleficent."
The tailor even dropped the fabric in his hands at the mention of her name.
"Maleficent!?" the king shouts in anger. "She is the worst villain in the land!"
"Dad, just hear me out-"
"I won't hear of it! They are guilty of unspeakable crimes!"
"Dad, their children are innocent. Don't you think they deserve a shot at a normal life?" Ben pleads. After a few seconds, the king finally gives in:
"I suppose the children are innocent."
He and Belle then proceed to leave the room.
Ben's friends enter the room shortly after: Holden, son of Hercules and Megara; Finn, son of Flynn Rider and Rapunzel and Sophie, daughter of Snow White and prince Ferdinand.
"And, what did he say?" Holden asked.
"He said yes." Ben answered with a smile.
"Of course he did. Nobody wins an argument with Ben. Remember that time in the mountains?" Finn answered.
"To be fair, you didn't actually want to win that argument and it's kinda hard for me to win if I'm the minority." Holden added.
"Hey, it turned out alright!" Ben replied.
"Sure, if you don't count the giant. Or the witch. Oooh, did I mention the wolf?"
Ben shook his head and lifted his hands in surrender as they all laughed at the memory.
"Ben"
He turned to look at Sophie.
"Are you sure about bringing them to Auradon? I mean, how do you know that the purple haired girl is even one of them?"
"I just know, ok. Oh and before I forget, I'd like for you to help me welcome them."
"What about the boys? Can't they do it?" Sophie protested.
"Sorry, Sophie. They're taking over tourney practice so I can welcome the villain kids. And besides, I need your help defusing the tension that's bound to appear between them and Audrey, especially Maleficent's daughter." he replied.
Sophie sighed:
"Fine, but you owe me for forcing me to miss sword practice with Lonnie."
Ben just nodded his head absently before turning to look out the window at the Isle of the Lost.