(13) Am I Missing Something?

Sam

After leaving the record label headquarters, Sam had gone back to his apartment to have a nice quiet night, something he rarely got. He had Amazon Prime loaded and a bucket of popcorn in his hand prepared to watch all of Good Omens in one sitting.

Of course, this was before a certain someone texted him, gaining all of his attention.

Unknown Number: heyyyy

Sam recognized the number as the one Gold had given him the other day when he walked the Archangels to their hotel, so he replied.

Sam: Hey. Random question, what do I put as your contact name?

Unknown Number: oh lol. u don't know my real name.
Unknown Number: let's go with Trickster.

Naturally, Sam thought this choice was a little odd, it was a very bizarre nickname, but he went with it anyway.

Sam: Okay done.
Sam: So what's up?

Trickster: nm. i think our brothers are on a date.

Sam: Well THAT will be interesting.

The pair continued texting for the next two hours. At some points, they contemplated just FaceTiming but ultimately decided against it (cause plot). They were just beginning to discuss the amazingness that is Jack Harkness when Michael stormed into Sam's apartment completely unannounced.

Sam: Brb. Michael just showed up.

Michael was on some sort of rampage and didn't even give Sam enough time to react before explaining what exactly went down. "We went on a date. It was a perfectly fine date! I took him to my favorite restaurant! It was fine. But then he freaking goes and ruins it all. I can't believe I thought he was different. I thought he wouldn't care. Maybe he wouldn't make me feel like a complete piece of garbage for the amount of shit I pulled! But nooo! He thinks I'm messing with him! That he's my next 'victim'. What the hell?"

During his entire spiel, Michael was pacing around the living room, crying. So, Sam jumped in front of his brother, but his hands on both of Michael's shoulders and did what any sane person would do.

"Calm the fuck down!" he yelled. That got Michael's attention. "You have to use full sentences if you want me to help you."

Michael tried his best to stop crying and began to explain again. "We were on the date, and it was going really well. I really liked the guy. But he asked if I was just trying to fuck him and I- I lost it. I was enraged and stormed out of the restaurant. Oh shit, I forgot to pay. And I don't know. I mean, I'm mad at him, but was that an overreaction?"

Sam pulled him into a hug. "I'm sure he understands. It was a sensitive topic and he shouldn't have gone there, but maybe you took a step too far? Which is totally okay, mistakes happen. I'm sure we can figure it out." After the hug, Michael sniffle and just kind of nodded his head. "Why don't you stay the night here? You can take my bed and I'll sleep on the couch."

Michael nodded his head again and Sam sent him to bed. The guy needed the rest. Then, Sam got his phone back out and texted Gold.

Sam: I just heard Michael's side. Text me when you hear from your brother.

//~~\\

Gabriel/Gold

Samoose: Brb. Michael just showed up.

Gabe thought that was odd. Wasn't he supposed to be on a date with Lucifer?

Roughly three minutes later, Lucifer shuffled through the door. He looked completely distraught but wasn't crying. Satan doesn't cry.