Chapter 2

Carmen Montilla's P.O.V

I let out a breath and stare at the steering wheel. 

"Bailie" Her name seems soft and comfortable on my tongue.  

I breathe again and run a hand through my hair as I picture her face. Soft and pale, pretty green eyes and chestnut hair. 

Ring Ring Ring

I stare down at my phone and curse seeing her name. A wave of guilt washed over me as I picked it up and answered it. 

"Hey Arizona" 

"Hey, babe!" Her voice is soft and sweet and I shake away Bailie's face from my mind.

"Hey," I say again slightly annoyed

"So you excited for dinner tonight?" She asks and I smile at her cute voice.

I nod then realize she can't see me. "Of course, I'll pick you at 7:20?" 

"Sounds great! I can't wait to meet your grandparents!" 

I suck in my breath. 

"Oh god, I forgot all about that. " 

"Babe! Don't worry about that." 

"But they just agreed to meet you!" I persist.

"Carmie, Don't worry. I'm sure it will be okay after all your parents accepted me immediately" Her calm yet hyper voice reassured me.

"Okay, okay. I'll see you soon. " I smile

"Oki! Love ya!" 

"Love you too."

I hung up and placed my hand on my belly, breathing in, counting to 5 and breathing out. Slowly the butterflies dissipate and I close my eyes. Bailies face flashes in my mind and I shake it away as I open my eyes. 

"Get a grip" I growl and plug in my phone. Scrolling through my phone I eventually pick a song by Paramore and crank up the volume ignoring the looks I get from walkers and other drivers.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I pull up to Arizona's house after getting dressed in a white long-sleeved button-down shirt with flowers on the collar. I'm wearing high wasted black jeans and rainbow pride vans. Part of my hair is up in a bun and the rest is down, freshly washed and brushed. Well, as brushed as I was able to.

I turn off the car and walk up to Arizona's front door and knock softly. The door flings open and I smile down at Arizona's little sister Alaska. I'm not gonna lie, Arizona's parents had a slight obsession with state names, Arizona's older brother, Dakota even thought about changing his name something that wasn't a state but eventually decided against it.

"Carmens here!!!!!!" Alaska yells and I here a tramping down the stairs. 

Dakota comes in my view first and I wave at him. He smiles and waves over his parents, Mr. and Mrs. Simmons. Mr. Simmons gives me and inviting and warm smile while Mrs. Simmons tries to hide a cold and hard glare. I look around awkwardly but my head snaps up when I here Dakota say. "There she is!"

I stare at Arizona in awe as she walks down the stairs. She's wearing a cute dress the fell to her knees, a tan silky skirt with a brown belt and a white lace top. She holds a cute light blue jeans jacket in her left hand and brown leather purse across her right shoulder. Her pink hair with faded pink-orange streaks is braided in a waterfall braid that gracefully falls down her back midway. Her makeup is tan and white with a classic pin-up as mascara.