Chapter 3

Bailie Patricks P.O.V 

I wake up on Saturday morning, sunlight streaming in through my window.  I roll over and grab my phone checking my notifications.  I quickly scroll through Instagram and briskly look at Snapchat before I get through my messages. 2 from Britt and 7 from Sabrina and one from an unknown number. I roll back onto my bed and stare at my phone debating if I should read them. The temptation gives in and I open Sabrina's first.

10 P.M Hey Bailie, do you really know want to go to the party?

10:05 P.M I mean if you really don't want to go you don't have to.

10:06 P.M But it would be fun!

11 P.M Ooo Guess what! 

11:04 P.M Connor Smith thinks your cute

11: 05 P.M You know the cute boy in your English who's new

11: 09 P.M He likes you and is probably going to ask you out!

I groan and rub my eyes before I go on to Britt's messages. 

10:03 P.M So I hope that the little idea of you not going to the party has left. 

11:14 Wow. You've somehow managed to score someone cute! Congrats Bai Bai. How did you manage?

I breathe in and groan. Britt's acting like some rude step-mother in some teen Disney movie. Quickly I open the message from the unknown number, a tiny sliver of me hoping that it's the girl from yesterday. My hopes are quickly crushed as I realize it's not her.

11:20 P.M Hi Bailie I hope this doesn't seem weird. It's Connor, umm I'm in your English class and I was wondering if you would like to go get coffee some time. 

Hey Connor.

I quickly delete that and look around my room and think of what Britt and the rest of our friends would think if I turn him down. 

Hey Connor

I start again.

I would love to go out for coffee but just as friends. I don't know if Britt or Sabrina told you but I'm not looking for anyone.

He responds immediately

Of course, I totally understand. So it's a date!

As friends, as friends.

This Saturday at the local coffee house around 10?

I respond

Of course, see you then!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After taking a shower I slip into mom jeans and a tight blacktop. I throw on a gray sweater and pull my simple brown hair into a ponytail. Britt would say I look like a teen mom, the rest of our friends would be quick to agree. 

I take on more look at myself before I grab my car keys and yell goodbye to the probably empty house. Hoping in my car I do another double-check and groan realizing I forgot to put on my makeup. I check the time and realize that I'm already going to be late so I pull out of the driveway and make my way to the Local Coffee House (it's actual name) 

I pull into the parking lot and tear out of the car, 10 minutes late. I open the coffee shop door and look around quickly realizing I have no idea what Connor looks like. All I know is that he's meduimish height with brown hair, basically half the boys in here.  After a couple of awkward minutes, I hear my name coming from the left of me. I pivot to see a boy with a slightly feminine face and curly brown hair. He has lime green eyes and is wearing a band shirt and a jeans jacket over it.