Kavi

Kirstie knew she should have dumped him early on. She should have told somebody, told the group, gotten help, something. Now, it was too late. If she did.... she'd get hurt. She saw a fist and then felt crutiating pain on her right cheek. All her hair was draped over her face unevenly and the air around her felt thick. She could barely see anything except for red,

Black, and blonde. She knew where she was. He tied her to the post in her basement. Maybe,

Had she gotten him help for his increasingly bad drinking problem, maybe she wouldn't be here. It's true that at one point in her life, she thought that she might have loved him. That was a high point in her life. Everything was perfect and she longed to have those moments back as she felt red drip down her cheek. By now she was pretty sure her nose was bleeding but wasn't sure because of her now cherry red cheek. She never thought he would kill her, or that he was even capable, but now that rope was tied around her wrists, making them raw and bloody, and her body feeling as though she couldn't stand another second... She wasn't so sure. She took a shaky breath in and was about to plead with her boyfriend to stop, when she felt another blow to the temple and passed out.

Kirstie woke up on the floor. She was in a very uncomfortable position and she knew that she had to have been out for hours for her back to hurt that bad. Her head was throbbing and everything ached. She tried to move her hands but realized they were still tied up. She screamed. Her wrists were completely raw and her hands were

Covered in blood, which might've been the reason she was feeling light headed. She attempted to sit up and move her blood stained hair out of her face by shaking her head. She gasped when she saw everything. Pretty much everything that could be breakable was broken. Picture frames, a mirror by the bathroom, some photos torn on the ground, various cases and un recognizable pieces of glass and broken bottles lying around, etc. Kirstie couldn't do anything and she knew it. She had no idea where Aaron was, but she didn't want to no what would happen when he came back. She assumed he was very hungover and sleeping

but she couldn't be sure. Tears streamed down her face as she prayed to God to turn everything around. For things to look up. She heard a high pitched noise before saying 'amen' and blacking out.

Avi walked up to Kirstie's house. He prayed Aaron wasn't home. It's true Avi had a crush that wouldn't go away but he decided not to act on it. He usually picked her up for rehearsals, to go to Starbucks, stuff like that. Today was Monday, and they usually went to Starbucks at 9. He stood at the dark brown door and rang the doorbell. 'Ding dong' he waited. No answer. He knocked. No answer. Avi frowned. She knew he was coming. They do this every Monday. He looked over at the three windows by her door that she usually kept open. Maybe he could call to her? He stepped out and behind the bushes. He found that all of the windows were closed. That's.... Not right. Just then he tripped a bit but caught himself. He looked down. Glass? Some was..... Alchohal bottles..... No. 'KIRSTIE?' He yelled and started banging on the window. He jumped up to the door and kicked it. Hard. It opened and he ran inside. He called to her, hoping she would answer and ran to the basement. He about fainted when he saw kirstie, unconscious, bruised, and bloody. 'KIRSTIE!' By now he was bawling his eyes out. He ran to her and fell to his knees. He brushed her hair out of the way and found many cuts on her face. Her nose, lips and chin where covered in blood that had dropped down and covered her shirt. Her right cheek had a long cut across it and blood had dripped onto her hair. Her temple was badly bruised. 'O my 🍓 kirstie.' Avi wiped the tears from his eyes and attempted to pick her up. He found that she was tied up by her hands. He looked at the bloody rope and pink and bloody hands. He quickly got out his pocket knife and cut her loose. He picked her up and practically sprint to his car and to the hospital. He was speeding and a cop ended up after him, but there was no way he would slow down. Especially come to a complete stop. He got to the parking lot of the hospital. The policeman got out of his cat and sprinted to Avi, but Avi was carrying Kirstie and the policeman, shocked, helped Avi rush her inside. He started screaming for doctors. Everyone got out of the way and she was taken immediately into some room and Avi was told to wait outside. He sat in an annoying and uncomfortable chair as he called the group and told them to come to the hospital. He sat for what seemed like days, but in reality it had only been 20 minutes. During that time the rest of the group arrived, but he didn't really notice until they all started talking to him. He only heard mumbles. Scott finally shook him. 'What's wrong?' 'Where's Kirstie?' 'Why are you bawling your eyes out?' Avi touched his cheek and realized it was covered in tears. He swallowed and it felt like a ball of fire was stuck in his throat. Kevin saw his struggle and handed him a small styrofoam cup filled with water. 'It's kirstie' everyone's faces changed from concern to utter terror. 'She was unconscious and covered in blood when I found her. Her own blood. I-I don't no- I- I just-' everyone in the band was now crying. Avi wiped at his own tears. 'She was tied to the column in her house with rope. I just.' Right then Avi couldn't speak. He put his head in his hands and sobbed. Hard. He didn't care what others thought. They didn't see what he saw. The poor, pale, and lifeless kirstie laying on a floor, surrounded by glass and broken alcohol and beer bottles. Scott ran to a nurse and started screaming questions at her and sobbing. Mitch had a steady stream of tears running down his face. He just stood there not knowing what to do. Kevin was hugging Mitch whilst crying and praying. They were there all night. They sobbed until they could no longer sob. Avi was nervously playing with his beanie in his hand. while his other repeatedly ran through his hair. His eyes felt tired and heavy, but he knew he wouldn't sleep. He knew he couldn't sleep. Never. Kirstie was all alone in a room in probably so much pain. Hours earlier Avi had to explain everything to a policemen and about 12 AM received the news that Aaron had been drunk and abusive. That made everyone break down all over again, even though Avi already had a feeling that was what had happened. He felt a tad more secure when he heard that Aaron was arrested and being put behind bars. He still had been told no new news on Kirstie. Avi checked the clock on the wall across from him again and again, only to find that five or six minutes had passed. He sighed, exasperated. He stood and paced the hallway for another thirty minutes. He went to the bathroom and threw some water on his face and fixed his hair. He walked through the cafeteria. He got coffee. He did everything to keep his mind off of Kirstie, but he just couldn't. Pacing the halls only made his anxiety worse. Looking in the mirror of the bathroom and realizing just how messed up he was looking and feeling only caused him to break down again, and the coffee, which usually tasted like pure happiness, this time made him want to gag. He threw the cup in the trash can and walked back to his friends. 'It'll be okay, Avi. She'll pull through this. I know it.' Avi nodded at Mitch. Just like that, a nurse came out of the by now, very despised, metal door. 'Friends and family of Kirstin Maldonado?' Everyone stood up. 'She's awake put will be tired in a few minutes. She's okay. Everyone sighed in relief. The all walked in, quietly. They saw kirstie. They all were shocked at all her bruises and cuts. They looked at her hands and found her wrists wrapped up. Avi sat by her and rubbed her arm. She flinched at first but then went back to normal. 'W-who got me?' She said in a tired, hoarse voice. Everyone looked at Avi. 'M-me.' Kirstie looked at him and smiled, but then frowned. 'Sorry you had to see that.' She looked down at her wrists. 'Its ok.... What hurts the most?' Asked Avi. 'I don't really feel anything. They put numbing stuff on me.' Avi nodded. 'I'm tired' they all nodded. 'Go to sleep. We'll be here when you wake up.' Said scott. Everyone nodded, and Kirstie closed her eyes and fell asleep. They all knew they could all finally sleep, knowing that Kirstie would be okay.