Back In The Day

•Back In The Day•

🦋DEJÁH HARRIS🦋

(14 years old)

"Dejáh ew you ugly as I don't know what"

"Ew girl you stink"

"Girl you smell like bounce that booty on a Sunday"

"Dang girl does ya parents feed you"

"Word she boney as heck"

"You the only girl up in here who wear church clothes to school"

Everybody busted out laughing at Dejáh as she tightened her arms around her book with Tears rolling down her eyes.
She was hoping her best friend Lucas came to school today but he was too caught up into his little drug dealing, he had hardly payed any attention to her anymore he was the little bit of sanity she had left in her body but he has been acting very iffy lately since his new "job".

"GOOOOD Morning Ms. Harris how ya doing" my English teacher asked
I just smiled and gave a thumbs up since I didn't feel too well with the recent bullying that occurs every Day.

"Would you like to pass the papers out" I shook my head No.

As you guys can see this is an everyday routine.
I get bullied, my teacher try's to cheer me up and I can't wait to go home.
It's a constant thing that will never stop.

Later on that day

Lucas and I were laying in my bedroom eating Popeyes watching my favorite Movie on Netflix Bring it on all or nothing.

"So what happened in school today? Any fights?" Lucas asked biting into his chicken.
I looked at him like he was crazy
But he was so into that chicken he didn't even stop to look at me.

"It was straight, besides me getting bullied and you not being there" I sluggishly said before I bit into my fry.

He stopped to look at me
"I'm sorry Dejáh I was just caught up with wo-"

"Save it. I don't even care anymore, you're fifteen years old working thee most illegal job ever and not stopping to think about yourself even once, do you ever plan on going back to school because it doesn't even seem like it. And your best friend, ME,... I! Can't even be in that school building without getting bullied for once throughout the day...ONCE! I can't take it anymore it hu—" I was cut off by his phone ringing. He picked it up looking at it the name read BOSS.
He held up his left index finger at me before pressing accept and walking out the room.

I guess what I just said didn't matter...

I began eating my chicken tenders with my sweet heat sauce.

Two minutes later he came back in the room with his shoes on ready to go.
"Ima be back lada' I gotta go to da trap it's mad impordan" he kissed me on my forehead and took his food and drink with him and with that he walked out my room.
I shook my head and called my aunt up in New York

"Heyyy sweetheart, what you been up to?"

"Nothing much just missing you" I sigh

"Well I miss ju too babe, everything alright down dere? Whea ya parents at?"

"No auntie Nita.. it's not, my parents are never home because of all this fame. My sisters and brothers are gone to my grandmothers they're living there and I am here all alone in this big house and on top of that.." I gulped with a tear rolling down my face.
"I get bullied" I wiped my face.

"Awe babygirl please don't cry, do I have to shoot up the whole school and go to jail for my baby?"

I chuckled

"No auntie Nita, I just want to come stay with you.. can I?" I fidgeted with my fingers waiting for the answer I hope she would say.

"Yes, I already have custody of you. Ima enroll you into ah school up hea " and with that I packed my stuff, locked up my house and got on in my limo to....

Harlem, New York City 🌃.

Leaving everything behind, not stopping once to think about Lucas cause he damn sure wasn't thinking about me.

—————————————————————-