Chapter Three: I Never Needed Anybody In My Life

Harry awoke the following morning to another cloudy day in Islington, except the clouds this time were a pale gray. Trying to dissuade himself from thinking the most ominous thoughts, he pulled himself from Sirius's old bed, whispering, "Tempus", and his wand revealed that it was just past six. Sighing, he walked into the adjoining bathroom for a shower; the steam filled the tiled room quickly, and he felt as if the hot water was taking the knots out of his back.

It was in the shower that Harry considered Severus, for the first time since the older wizard had invaded his dreams the night before. In the dreams, they were outside Slughorn's Christmas party, except this time, Harry had knotted his fingers into his former Potion Master's hair. He was surprised at the silky sensation, and wondered why the rumor had began that his hair was greasy in the first place. The raven locks tangled in his fingers, and he knew that it was tolerated as the Slytherin had moaned into his mouth, pressing his mouth fervently to his, as Harry and Severus's tongues engaged in an intimate dance.

Harry lowered his eyes then, a flush forming on his cheeks as he considered his dream fully, and was suddenly aware of the erection which poked forth between his legs. He gritted his teeth, and knew full well that it couldn't go on like this; sooner or later, he would have to inform Ron and Hermione of his preferences, as well as claim Severus for himself. Someone as amazing as he was wouldn't be available for long; Harry knew full well that whatever was between them would not cease to go away until or unless something was done about it. Perhaps that was why Severus had casted Obliviate onto him in the first place. Could it be that he wasn't interested in some form or other of a relationship with him at all, and that was solely the reason why he refused to tell him anything?

Harry bit down, hard, on his lower lip, at the notion that, perhaps, Severus merely wanted to distract or possibly weaken him from his upcoming journey. The very thought, that after all the long-lasting looks, or the words passed between them, that hate was the only emotion that the Potions Master could feel for him. He thought that they were past this; however, the doubts that suddenly filled his mind made him sick, and as he reached for his engorged cock, stroking it ever so slightly—unknowing where the shower water ended and his tears began—he thought of all the pain he'd gone through in his lifetime, and the rejection he felt he could be feeling from Severus Snape was nearly enough to push him over the edge.

Harry shut his eyes then, allowing his hand to wrap fully around his erection, thinking of Severus's smoldering black eyes, his wisps of raven hair, and that voice...oh, that voice. How many times had he considered that voice, and his mouth had automatically gone dry, the wetness threatening to creep out of his cock? With his free hand, Harry gripped onto the wall beside him and mulled over the various words that Severus had spoken to him over the years. Of course, he found himself going back to his rather sinfully delightful performance on the night of Slughorn's Christmas party...

"Where is Professor Dumbledore traveling?" Harry asked.

"That is also none of your business or concern," Snape replied.

Harry narrowed his green eyes. "Is that so?" he asked, stepping forward. "What then, pray tell, is my business, sir? Don't tell me that every whispered conversation I hear cannot be explained by a few words. It seems to me, professor, that there is a choice for you to make. Either tell me where Professor Dumbledore is traveling, or tell me what an Unbreakable Vow is."

"I shall do neither, for neither concern you," Snape said, growing annoyed. "Now, you are getting on my last nerve, Potter, and so help me, I'll..."

"You'll what?" Harry demanded. "Take House points? What's a few points to me? We don't know where I'll be at the end of the year, nor do you. I may not even come back. One the blood wards are broken, I'll be free."