Chapter Five: I'll Never Shake Away The Pain

Harry, Ron, and Hermione crashed somewhere in a forest that Harry didn't recognize; due to the urgency of them leaving Grimmauld Place, and the quick decision-making on Hermione's part on the grounds of a destination, there was no way that any of them could have landed in a comfortable manner. Harry's vision was blind-white for a moment, and he didn't dare move, knowing full well that he would be left spinning on his feet. The desire to vomit was strong, but Harry knew that if he just kept breathing, then the feeling would pass.

Finally, Harry straightened up, catching sight of Ron, bent over, vomiting what was likely left of his breakfast. Hermione was absentmindedly stroking his back and whispering comforting words to him as Harry somehow managed to crawl closer to them. "Hermione?" he whispered then, and her brown eyes gazed over at him.

"Forest of Dean," she replied. "Mum and Dad took me camping here when I was a little girl. It's all right, Ron," she whispered, turning her attention back to her boyfriend as she continued to rub his back. "The forest is in Gloucestershire," she went on, doing her best to keep her tone neutral so as not to upset Ron further. "Harry, in my bag, there's a book of spells. Summon it out, and you can cast some protective enchantments."

Harry very nearly yelled at Hermione for doubting his capability for casting such things, but decided that now was not the time. He fetched the book quickly and thumbed through it, and found the pages on the enchantments she'd just mentioned. He muttered then then, his wand managing to find its way from his pocket, and got the whole area in just a few moments. They were under a grove of thick trees, and it was truly a lovely area, if you were into forests, but Harry found himself more attracted to the indoors recently, and one room at Hogwarts in particular was calling his name.

"There's a tent in there as well," Hermione said softly, obviously aware that Harry had finished with the enchantments. "In my bag. If you could summon it out and set it to right, that would be much appreciated, Harry."

Harry sighed, knowing that Hermione was probably the better person to see to Ron anyhow, as he returned the book to the bag and managed to find the tent. Once he managed to find it, he charmed it into position, and it came to life for a moment before unfolding itself, the stakes planting themselves firmly into the forest floor and situating themselves. Harry peeked into the tent, seeing two cot-like beds—one bigger than the other, likely to accommodate Ron and Hermione, while the second one was likely his—a dining room area, and a smaller area with three chairs and a firepit.

"Harry."

Harry turned at the sound of Hermione's voice, and was able to see Ron making an effort to get back up onto his feet. Without hesitation, Harry crossed over to him, putting an arm around his shoulders and guiding him into the tent, walking him automatically over towards the cot he would be sharing with Hermione. Setting him down, he folded Ron's hands over his chest, and saw his closest friend sighing deeply. "All right there, Ron?" he asked, knowing that this was all he could really ask at this point.

Ron sighed heavily; his normally pink complexion was white, although color was slowly but surely returning to his cheeks. "I will be."

Hermione hesitated for a moment then, before shuffling from foot to foot, obviously wanting to do something as Harry got to his feet. "Tea?" Hermione asked unsteadily then, moving over to the little stove across the tent, and conjuring a teapot, with some tea bags, from her bag. There was also some sugar, but no pot of cream, as Harry knew that it was likely to spoil, now that they all three of them had no way of knowing when they would be back into civilization. She worked silently then, the only sound coming from the whistle of the pot and the clink of the cups as she stirred sugar into them a few moments later. Moving towards Ron then, she offered him the cup, along with a biscuit, which he took, chewing and drinking slowly.