Chapter two

It doesn't take long before we reach the shore of Neverland. I jump out of the dingy first into the shallow water and walk up onto the beach. There are several of us that have come ashore, everyone else stayed with the ship. The best of my fathers men accompany us as we are, without a doubt, going to encounter Pan and his minions.

I scan my surroundings. There is about several meters of beach and sand, and then a full on, thick, dark forest. The trees seem to shimmer in the sun light like they did from the ship. I check to make sure Hook isn't watching me and he isn't. He's too busy talking to the crew and drawing in the sand. I'm guessing he is mapping out a plan of attack to retrieve this compass. 

I approach the forest and walk right up to one of the trees in the front. I look closely at the leaves on the trees. They are all perfect: pure green that are all the same shape and size and no visible imperfections. The shimmering I keep seeing looks to be a kind of silvery dust.

I reach out to touch one of the leaves but my attention is torn away from the leaves by a weird feeling in my stomach. I look away from the leaves and look into the forest where I see a shadow looming in the trees. I can feel the shadow smiling evilly. I pull my hand away immediately and move away from the forest.

"Captain!" I say and it comes out more panicked than I expected. He immediately looks at me and then at the forest. I continue backing away as I don't know what it was.

It doesn't take long before the owner of the shadow emerges from the trees, and I can see that the shadow is of a young man. His body is well toned from what I can see out of his shirt and pants, which are covering in mud. He is striking to look at and has this hard expression on his face. His eyes are glued to me and he looks as though he is staring straight through me. I can't seem to look away.

I feel a hand reach out from behind me and grab me by the arm, forcing me backwards. I stumble backwards but remain on my feet as my father moves in front of me. His grip is tight on my arm and I don't bother trying to get out of it. I'm still mesmerized by this boy and I feel frozen in place. 

Well 'Boy' is the wrong term to use when describing him. He looks different to what I'd imagined. I thought he was a child around 12 from all the stories I've been told, but he looks to be my age or at least close to it. His dirty blonde hair does give him a more youthful look but the hard lines of his face say otherwise. His physic also tells a different story. He is incredibly well built, too well built to be a young boy.

"Pan," he growls. I would have thought Pan would never show his face. I thought he'd send one of his little minions to face us or play messenger. I'm a little confused as to how he got here so quickly. We've been on the island for all of 5 minutes. Strange.

"Get off my island Hook and take your crew with you!" he says with an accent that is very much like my own. He glares at my father with narrow eyes and and a clenched jaw. His eyes seem to be piercing though my father with detest.

"Not a chance Pan. You have something of mine and I want it back," he says. Hook's anger was quite obvious and his grip on my arm was still like iron. It is starting to hurt but I still don't shake off his grip.

"Is that so?" he says with the devil in his eye. "Well I'm sure I don't know what you are talking about. What I do know is that you need to leave my island. Now."

Hook releases me and pulls out his sword before charging Pan. As soon as he takes a step in his direction, he is frozen in place. The crew follow his lead unsheathing their weapons but are instantly frozen along with the captain. 

I take a step forward to see if I can and I'm the only one not affected by his magic. I'm not sure if he left me on purpose or not. I glare up at Pan and draw my sword. My awe struck trance has broken and I stand there waiting for him to make a move against me. His face softens and shifts to a look of confusion, but he doesn't move. Obviously, he wasn't meaning to leave me unaffected.