What was he thinking?

Kadens' POV
"U-um I- we should getting going." As soon as I said that, our gaze broke. We were silent on the way to the dining room.

Marcos' POV
One we broke our gaze we fell silent. We made it to the table just in time for setting the table.
"Oh let me help you mom!" Kaden said as he took the plates out of his mother's hands.

Kadens' POV
  As I was setting the table I could feel the intensity of Marcus's stares.. it was like being on a military base. I feel so uncomfortable, why is he staring, is he planning to do something bad?

   "Hey nerd why you standin there?" Marcus asked. I hadn't noticed threw all my thinking that I was done setting the table.

  "Um n-nothing, sorry. U-uh we should s-sit down." I said gesturing to the chairs. We sat down just as my mother was carrying the food to the table. It was her famous spaghetti and meatballs. It was one of my favorites.
    "Here, eat up!" My mom said in the most enthusiastic voice ever. She then put the food on our plates and some on her plate as well. It was only in the middle of the meal when Marcus decided to talk.

Marcus' POV

     "so um where's the husband?" I said in the middle of eating.

The room fell silent as if it wasn't already, I couldn't even hear chewing. I looks up to see  Kaden had stopped eating and was now gripping his fork so hard that his fingers where turning white. His mom on the other hands as was looking straight at me with very empathetic eyes and reached for Kadens hand. She then proceeded to look at me and began to speak.

"My husband was lost in a car accident last year and I find it best if we don't continue on this topic." She said looking at me and occasionally glanced at Kaden. I felt so terrible for asking, I feel like such a shit person,

"Oh my I'm so sorry for asking! I had no idea!" I said as I frantically apologize. I had no idea, all that time I was still bullying him. It must've been so hard for him. I was lost in thought until something that sounded like a chair squeaking against the floor interrupted my thoughts. I looked up to see Kaden standing and his hair covering his face. He stood there for a second before running upstairs. I felt the color leave my face as I sat there and watched.

         Kadens' POV

     "So um where's the husband?",I know I like this dude but man he is a fucking prick. Who the fuck asks that as a conversation starter!?? I mean I know he hates me and he's my bully and all but bringing up my dead dad was crossing the fuckin' line. I felt myself grip my fork so hard that it made my hand numb. I was so mad and hurt that all I could do was look down and freeze. My mind was racing until I felt my mother hold my hand. She must've say how upset I was.

       "My husband was lost in a car accident last year and I find it best if we don't continue in this topic." My mother said, I could fell her glancing bad and forth while she said it too. I felt my heart drops and then I remembered everything that happened that day.

       -Flash back brought to you by the Backyardigans-  

          "Mom I'm home!" I said walking into the door. closing it behind me. I set my backpack on the floor and took my shoes off. I could feel something was off but I didn't want to ruin the only good part of my day. I looked around for my mom but I couldn't find her anywhere, she couldn't have left because dads car wasn't in the driveway. I looked around the whole house and then decided to look on the back porch.

     There I found my mother sitting on the porch steps. She was slouched over with her hands covering her face, her phone set beside her and it looked like it had been cracked. I walked up to her and sat next to her on the steps and hugged her.

      "Mom what's wrong, you never sit on the steps like this.", she then lifted her head and wiped away tears running down her face. She sat up and shifted to be looking at me and took my hands in hers.

     "Look son, I know this might be hard to except and life will never be the same. You can  greave for as long as you need and I'm always her but I thought it would be better to tell you when you got home." She said, I had no idea what she was talking about.

    "Mom what are you talking about?", I looked at her with a confused face. She was so sad and looked think her whole world cam crashing down on her, she looked like she hadn't slept in days.

      "Son, your father was in a car accident with a drunk driver. He- he didn't make it..!", She started sobbing right after she said it but it took me a minute to realize I would never see my dad again.

-and thats the end of the flashback-

      I finally snapped out of it to Marcus saying something, I don't remember what he said because all I could her was static and mumbling. All the thoughts came 1 second and left the next. I felt something hot run down my face and my vision become blurry. Then I stood up with out thinking and stood there for a second. I could feel his eyes on my but all I could do was stand. When got control of my body again I ran as fast as I could to my room and slammed the door. I couldn't stand being in the same room with that deceiving asshole.

Why hello to the no one that is reading this!!! I haven't updated this in like a year but now that my writing skills are better decided to give it another chance hope you enjoy! And hopefully I will actually keep updating this.