ACT 11, SCENE 3.

(By 2:00pm, Alero hears her Dad's horn at the gate)

Gateman: (ran to open the gate) Good afternoon, oga.

Mr. Williams: Good afternoon......... (He said with divided attention)

Alero: (runs outside to see her mum) Good afternoon, dad. Where's mum?

Mr. Williams: Alero, my dear. I don't know whether to be happy or worried right now.

Alero: Why? What is wrong with mum?

Mr. Williams: Let's go inside, Alero.

(When they went inside Mr. Williams sank into the sofa)

Alero: So, Dad. Talk to me, now....

Mr. Williams: First, get me a cold glass of water.

Alero: (ran into the kitchen to do as she was told)

Mr. Williams: (Drank to his satisfaction and finally began to speak) Alero, your mum is six weeks pregnant.

Alero: Oh my God! This is good news. I finally wouldn't be lonely anymore! So, where is mum now?

Mr. Williams: She's in the hospital; she has been admitted for observation for three weeks because she was suspected to have high blood pressure.

Alero: That's not good, let's go and see mum.

Mr. Williams: Relax, I am just coming from there but in an hour's time, we will have to go back.

Alero: it's okay, dad. Mum will be fine I know it.

Mr. Williams: I really hope so.

(Lights out)