three

standing in front of him in all of her glory, chandler perfer

standing in front of him in all of her glory, chandler perfer. richies jaw dropped for what seemed like the millionth time. "that's her." richie elbows mike. "that's chandler i was telling you about."

"she's really pretty."

"i know right? almost hotter than eddies mom." richie snorts, earning a smack from his shorter friend on the left.

"i might have to introduce myself later." mike says back to richie. this makes richies heart drop. ever since mike started going to derry high (second semester of sophomore year) mike hit it off with every girl he talked to. he's about richies height (6'0 and richie, 6'2) he was the star running-back of the varsity football team and had a ton of new jock friends. he loves the losers, they were his best friends but he was committed to football and couldn't leave, the losers get that. they still hang out as much as possible. richie knew he didn't have a chance with chandler but hearing that one of his best friends, made him ache.

"yeah, uh, she's cool." he shyly smiles.

"you okay rich?" eddie asks, nudging him slightly.

"yup."

"hey, you're richie, right?" richies startled by the feminine voice from behind him, he turns around, chandler.

richie looks at eddie next to him and back to chandler. "as i live and breath. and your chandler." richie was walking eddie home like he does after school everyday. how could he forget, one street over is where chandler and her dad moved in.

"yeah, can i walk with you guys? my brother kinda ditched me for someone with a sports car."

"of corse." richie says a bit too fast. eddie rolls his eyes at richies eagerness to be with her. he'll throw himself at any pretty girl.

"you live around here?" richie already knew the answer, he just wanted to talk to chandler.

"yeah."

"how do you like it?"

"honestly, i'm not a big fan but, it's not really my choice."

"what do you mean 'not your choice?'" richie seemed genuinely concerned.

"it's a long story, doesn't really matter."

"i have a lot of time." richie says proudly. if there was a wall near by, eddie would be hitting his head against it. he'll admit, chandlers attractive but richies being pathetic.

"richie! eddie!" the two boys hear as a car slowly approaches behind them. mike, in his silver 1991 porsche boxter, justin in the passenger seat. "you three need a ride?"