five

the losers finished their first week of junior year

the losers finished their first week of junior year. to celebrate, they went down to the quarry, they're citified hang out spot. all the losers were there, including chandler and justin whom was staring at beverly the whole time.

"chandler i promise, it's not bad once you've done it at least once." mike says comforting the girl at the edge of the cliff.

"you guys do this? for fun?"

"all the time!" bill adds, "we practically live here."

"want me to hold your hand." mike says sweetly. "we can jump together." he suggests.

"oh fuck off." chandler says, swatting his hand away, she takes a deep breath and jumps off the edge. all eight pairs of eyes watched her jump off confidently. a few seconds after the splash they all hear a faint "i'm no pussy." from the girl below. this leads to a silhouette of teens jumping down one by one.

they were all swimming and splashing in the lukewarm water and having fun but richies attention was elsewhere. the whole time, he noticed how chandler would hit mike. how mike would flex his arms so she could feel his muscles. she'd dunk him under water. he'd splash her. her bra strap would fall down when she came up for air. wait what am i thinking about?

"richie! you good?" eddie asks his friend from a few feet away.

"oh yeah sorry." he says as he swims over to the group.

as the group finally started to get out of the water they all laid out in the sun on towels by the rocks listening to baby got back. richie couldn't take his eyes off chandler god was she hot. he looked over at mike, he was looking at chandler too. richies heart dropped once again, not being able to compete. he looked over at chandler who was looking at him.

wait why is she looking at me? play it cool shithead.

richie smiled calmly and chandler returned the gesture. that was one of the first genuine smiles richie saw off her face. but little did he know they're was more to come. who knows maybe he did have a chance, even if it was small.

"hey do you guys wanna go to the drive in?"

sorry this chapter was kinda trash