four

the teens got into the back of mikes car

the teens got into the back of mikes car. "so your chandler, right?" mike asks. she just nods. "yeah richies told me about you." richies eyes widen and look at mike through the rear view mirror.

"i just, i just mentioned you, cause your new, ya know?" he chuckles nervously.

"yeah." she giggles.

"how do you like derry so far chandler?" mike strikes a conversation.

"uh it's fine."

"yeah, well it's no five star resort but you get used to it." mike says with a charming smile, looking at chandler through the rear view mirror.

"aren't you on the football team?"

"i am, yeah."

"yeah i saw you guys at cheerleading tryouts."

"oh your a cheerleader now?" justin pipes in turning his head back to his new step sister in the back seat.

"yeah, a few girls i met this morning told me i should try it since i did at my other school and i made varsity."

great, she's a varsity cheerleader. what next? ms. america! richie thought.

"jesus chan, first day and your already on varsity cheer." justin says.

"what about it? is that a bad thing?" she says with sas, raising an eyebrow.

"it means your popular." eddie says leaning to look at chandler.

richie decided to go to eddies house instead of his own because his parents have been out for a few days and he didn't like to be alone for too long. he laid splayed across eddies twin bed as eddie was at his desk doing homework.

richie sat up, startled by eddies phone ringing next to the bed. "can you answer? i'm stuck on this problem." eddie asks richie.

richie picks up the red phone, "hellllo this is richie."

"richie? i thought this was eddies number." richies heart almost flew out of his mouth. he put the phone on his chest so the person on the other line couldn't hear.

"eds! chandlers on the phone!" he whisper yelled.

"then talk to her idiot." eddie whisper yells back, not even turning to look at richie.

"oh hey, this is richie."

"yeah you said that, this is chandler."

"and what may you be calling about madam." richie mentally punches himself in the face.

"um i kinda wanted to ask you something."

"oh, yeah, uh go ahead."

"do you have mikes number."

that son of a fucking bitch. i'm gonna kill that football farm boy. winning every girl over with his 'i'm a small town boy, i live on a farm, i'm athletic' shit.

"i'm sorry richie, i know it's weird, i just thought he was cool, i don't know. just forget it."

"no, no really its fine. get a pen and paper, i have it." now i feel bad richie thinks.

as richie reads her mikes number from a notecard eddie has neatly taped to his desk full of his moms number and the losers numbers he couldn't help but feel miserable, like he could never get a girl like chandler.

"thanks so much. could i actually have your number too?" wait what the fuck? richies eyes go wide from shock. she wants my number?

"of course." he tells her his number. he can hear her pencil scratch the numbers down quietly from the other line.

"cool beans, thanks richie, i'll see you tomorrow." she hangs up and the line goes flat. richie slowly sets the phone down back in eddies nightstand.

"good news?" eddie swivels around in his chair to face his best friend.

"she asked for mikes number, and mine!" he sits up from his bad posture on eddies bed, "my number eds! she wanted my number!"

"that's good i guess."

"how did she have your number anyways?"

"i gave it to her."