Chapter 21

Jasmine's POV

"It all started when Hunter transferred to our school in grade seven. He was the new kid, but not the shy kind. Even in seventh grade, he was a big and buff guy. Everyone were scared of him, and I was no exception. But unfortunately, I fell under his radar."

"Hunter had a weird kind of obsession with me. No, he didn't love me. He didn't even like me. He hated me, for reasons I don't know. And his hatred for me made him obsessed with me."

"It started with small things - like tripping me in the hallways, dropping water and juices on my hair, name calling. It hurt me, but I endured them. Sometimes I would retaliate by screaming at him, but other times I would just stay silent. Because when I retaliate, his torture increases tenfold."

I took a deep breath and looked into Chris's eyes. His eyes held anger and compassion, but fortunately, no pity.

"It was the beginning of sophomore year when it happened. The first time Hunter physically abused me. I was late at returning home from school as I was in the library. I started walking home when I suddenly felt my hair being painfully tugged back. I screamed and suddenly a hand made contact with my cheek. I turned to look at the culprit and looked into evil blue eyes, staring coldly at me. I begged Hunter to let me go but he continued pulling me towards a dark alley. He pinned me to a wall and before I knew, he had landed a punch to my stomach."

By now tears were flowing down my cheeks. Chris slowly rubbed my back, urging me to go on.

"Punches, kicks, slaps, he kept delivering them to me. I begged him to let me go. I asked him what he's problem with me was. You know what he said? He said that I was weak and pathetic. I was such a worthless person it made him sick. So he was punishing me."

"He left after sometime, leaving me in that dark alley. I laid there for a long time until I could move. I got up and dragged myself home. Fortunately my parents weren't home so I had enough time to clean myself up. My parents did see the bruises on my face though but I told them a basketball hit me on the face. I was surprised they bought it." I slightly chuckled at the memory.

"It continued. The torture continued for many months. He involved his friends and girlfriend and made them torture me. I wanted to fight back, but I couldn't. If I tried, he made it hell for me."

"I realised what he said was actually true. I was pathetic. I was weak. If I wasn't, I would've fought him back. But I didn't. My mind was in two states. On one side, I wanted to not believe his words. I didn't want him to get to my head, and that I was strong. But on the other side, I believed he was right."

I looked into Chris's eyes as a tear slipped down my cheek.

"He destroyed me. Physically and mentally."

Chris pulled me into his arms and I hugged him tightly. I buried my face in his chest and cried. I cried so hard my lungs were aching for air. Sobs racked through  my body and Chris gently rubbed my back.

"You don't have to continue Princess." He whispered in my ears.

I pulled myself away from him and shook my head.

"No. I need to continue. I need to let all of this out."

Chris hesitantly nodded.

"One night he barged into my room through  the window. He pinned me to my bed and before I could scream, he punched me in the gut. And then he said he was frustrated and needed a release, and that I was going to help him do that. I shivered in fear because I understood what he meant. I tried reasoning with him. I told him he had a girlfriend and that it would upset her. But nothing went into his head as he was drunk."