Chapter 34

Jasmine's POV

"Jasper!"

The man in question stopped a few feet in front of me and slowly turned around. I walked up to him and without saying anything slapped his arm.

"Ouch! Why the hell are you being so violent woman!" He shrieked.

"Donot use that tone on me. You deserved it." I snapped.

He narrowed his eyes at me. "What the hell did I even do?"

"Where have you been for so many days? You don't talk to me and neither return my calls or messages. What's wrong with you?"

He looked a bit uneasy at my query and avoided my eyes.

"Jasper? What's wrong? Is everything fine?" I asked, concerned with his changed behaviour.

"It's nothing. I was just busy with school work and matches." He said, still avoiding my eyes.

It was my turn to narrow my eyes at him. "You've 20 seconds to tell me what you're hiding from me."

"What? There's nothing Jasmine. Drop it." He said off handedly.

"17."

"What are you going to do if I don't?" He spoke back in a sassy manner.

"See if I talk to you again. 15"

His face grew pale at my words. I knew I was being dramatic about it but I knew his sudden disappearance had to do something with Violet. And I needed to know what was cooking between them. Violet hasn't been herself since the last few days and I was going to find out the reason.

"You got to be kidding me. You're not going to do that. We're friends now." He said panicking now.

"Try me. 10."

He looked conflicted and I wanted to burst out laughing at his state.

"Jas, let's be reasonable here."

"8."

"Wait. Let's just talk like responsible adults."

"5."

"Hey just-"

"4."

"Jasmine. Will you at least-"

"3."

"Jas!"

"2."

"Jasmine!"

"1."

"Okay fine!" He shouted, frantically waving his hands around.

I burst out laughing. He glared at me.

"That was not funny." He deadpanned.

"No. But your face was hilarious." I crackled.

He just sighed and ran a hand through his hair.

"Let's go out. I'll drop you home and talk on the way."

We walked outside and hopped into his car. He drove out of the parking lot but suddenly frowned and looked at me.

"What about Violet? How will she go home?" He asked.

I mentally smiled. He cares for her whereabouts!

"She went home early. Said something about headache."

Violet was completely fine. I just said that to gauge out his reaction. And by the concerned look on his face, I knew the ball was in my court.