Meeting you

You never thought you'd be the kind of person to do that...but here you are, finishing to select the parameters for your avatar. You bought the sync pod online yesterday after one of the girl from your Tom Holland chat group talked you into it. You don't really know her, so you're not sure why you actually listened to her...But she mentioned having spotted someone walking around one of the public pubs looking like Tom and...well it was tempting.

Public pubs are a polite way of calling the platforms where people can hook up. It's advertised like a place to make new friends but...yeah most of the "customers" are just looking to get laid.

And so are you apparently..

You're not stupid, you know that the guy is not really Tom. But you have the opportunity to make one of your dreams come true, even if it's a futile and silly one, so you're going to take your chance! Besides, you need a little fun to vent out the stress from work and university so...Yeah, here you go!

You set the sync pod against your left temple and press the key. You feel really weird for a second. You can feel your body going limp on the couch you were sitting on but at the same time you find yourself standing in an open street, loud and full of people. You almost lose your balance but manage to straighten yourself. Holy crap...This is the oddest sensation you ever felt!

You look at your reflection in a window. This is sick! It looks like you but not you...like a 2.0 version of you. You touch your skin, your long hair...this feels so real!

You make your way inside the pub, which looks a lot less creepy than you thought, and scan the people here to spot Tom. You feel kinda silly but...well you came here for that don't you? And there he is! Sitting at the bar and looking handsome...Your body is shivering out if excitement!

He spots you staring and smiles at you. You take a deep breath and walk towards him. You say hi in the sexiest voice you can manage and he offers you a drink. Knowing this is all mostly fake is making it so much easier actually. You would never had done that in real life.

You chat for a moment. The guy is really sweet actually. He seems to genuinely want to get to know you. Or maybe your not thinking straight because everytime he looks at you you feel like melting.

But obviously you both know you're not here to talk and...yeah, the sex is a.ma.zing!

〰️

It's been 6 months since you started- what? Virtually dating Tom? Yeah, let's go with that.

So, 6 months...Because you came back the next day, and he was at the bar again. And the day after that too. It was just highly enjoyable sex at first, but at some point you started talking a lot more before doing it. And he would stay longer after too.

He sticked to his prentend-to-be- Tom-Holland thing, so you played along. It was funny though, because he was kinda like you imagined Tom to be?

And you kinda grew on him eventually...You knew this wasn't healthy, that this love you were feeling for him was based on something that wasn't real and probably enhanced by the fact that you were a fan of Tom. But you couldn't help it...

You sit on your couch and put the sync pod on you temple. You don't meet on the pub anymore. You made a private place that only you 2 can access. It's a fancy house with a view on the ocean, because you gotta dream big, right?

Tom is already there, in the pool, looking at the sunset. He must know you're here but he doesn't move, so you switch your clothes for a bikini and meet him in the water.