Royal disasters PT.3

This is the final part of this AU. I like this one, but you guess seem to want a coffee shop AU. I, personally, don't like that AU very much. It's overused and boring. BUT, I'll write one. Only, because I love you guys! Anyways, enjoy! ~Sugoishii

 POV (Mark)

We neared the building. Sunlight was decreasing as we rode, it made the whole situation more romantic. I sighed, thinking about how lonely the night would be. Everyone else would have a date, and who do I have? No-one, I have no-one here.

POV (Jack)

I looked over at Mark from across the carriage, the way his raven hair sparkled in the decreasing light made my chest flutter. I couldn't help but notice the sad expression as he stared out the window. Was he worried about something? I don't want to seem nosey, so I won't bother him.

Looking down at my pants, I realized how under-dressed for a ball. I didn't have anything nicer than my work clothes. The prince wore a red top with gold trimmings, his pants were snow white. Military patches, which were his fathers, sat on the shirt. His outfit complemented his dark chocolate eyes, the red fabric made his eyes stand out even more.

We reached the household of Mister Hanson and Mister Avidan's. Their home was extremely well kept. Newly trimmed hedges lined the walkway. Multiple carriages were in front of us. The coachman stepped off and opened the door. He bowed at the prince and offered a hand to help Mark out. He took the hand a stepped out. I followed soon after and stood with Mark. I dusted off my pants and fixed my collar. The coachman got back on to the carriage and rode off. It was now just the two of us, the most famous man in the country and a simple servant.

"We should head into the house, everyone's waiting for you," I said stepping forward.

"I hate these things, it's far too stuffy and everyone wants to talk to me. It's just so annoying," Mark sighed, " But, they have wine, so let's go. I'm parched." I held in a laugh at the prince's childish words. He was unlike any royalty I've ever met. He has a sense of humor.

He marched ahead and I walked after him. Other guests walked in front of us. They gawked at the prince, Mark gave a cheesy smile in return. The doorman opened the grand door and bowed at the prince. He nodded and walked inside. The inside was even more beautiful than the outside. Silver lined the wall and pillars stood tall above us.

"It's gorgeous in here, isn't it?" I smiled.

"It's ok, a little too bright for me," Mark said as he shrugged. Funny, the prince doesn't like showy things. We entered the ballroom and meet with a group of other people. The general stood among the group. He struts towards us and shook the prince's hand. Mark frowned at the man.

"You're finally here! We've all been waiting for you," Felix greeted, "Captain Kenneth wishes to speak to you. He's near the food." Mark nodded and stepped away from the Felix. The prince stood two glasses of red wine from a sever. He offered me one. I used it at the offer.

"Thank you, sir," I said trying to stutter. He swirled his glass and took a drink.

"We're going to be here for a while, you need this," Mark replied. He hated these parties, I can't blame him. "Well, we better go see what Kenneth wants."

The captain of the Royal guard turned to us and hugged Mark. Mark tensed at the gesture.

"I'm so glad you're here, I wanted to introduce you to my comrade," he gestured at a tall lanky boy. The boy wore a strange mask that covered his whole face. "This is my husband, he's from Wiran." A husband? The captain was gay? I didn't know that. I looked at Mark to see how he would react.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, what's your name?" Mark said to the boy kindly. He seemed to be positive, that's nice.

"My name is Ryan, but you can call me Cry," he responded. Cry, that must be a wizarding name.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Cry. You're husband a good man, I hope you two have a lovely life together," Mark smiled.

The three chatted and I stood there silently. I kept an eye on Mark's face, the way he talked to Cry was beautiful. He used soft words that could calm anyone. I fell deeper in love with the prince.

My love for the prince... It was forbidden. I knew I couldn't even tell him. I would surely be kicked out of the castle. Losing this job would be the end of me. I might even be hanged.

Mark and I stood at the food table. I watched him eat pastries of all kinds. He looked down at me and smirked. My cheeks flushed and I quickly looked away. Music began to play as Mister Avidan stepped into the center of the room.

"Attention everyone, I ask all of you to join us in a dance. Take the hand of your lover ane join," Avidan spoke loudly. Couples began to walk to the center of the room. The twirled around and spun the other. I saw Kenneth and Cry dance in the corner of the group, they stared into each other's eyes lovingly. Mark looked down at his feet, was he... Sad? He didn't have a lover after all. I would love to dance with him but it's a terrible idea.

I felt a hand on my shoulder, I jumped. I looked up and saw Mark's dark eyes. He smiler warmly. He took my other hand and started to move towards the others. He was trying to dance with me?! Wh-why is he doing this. He slid his hand down to my side and stared into my eyes. I nodded, signaling that he could begin. We moved with the rhyme of the music.

Mark was surprisingly clumsy with his feet, he tried his best to keep up with the other couples. He leaned in closer to me, his mouth was so close to mine. I could feel his hot breath on my face. I longed to kiss him. His lips inched closer to mine, my heart jumped as our mouths met. It was a light kiss, but it meant everything to me.

We broke apart as the music stopped. I felt eyes on me. Everyone was looking at us. I couldn't take it, I was so embarrassed and scared. I let go of the prince's hand and ran out of the room. Tears dripped from my eyes.

POV (Mark)

Jack's face froze as people turned to us. He let go of my gloved hands and ran. I reached out to him, but it was too late. He was gone. He probably hated me. My heart felt as though it broke into millions of pieces. 

"Mark? What was that?" Felix asked as he ran up to me. My throat became dry. I tried to speak, but no words came out.

"I-I don't know. Everything was fine, but then he froze and ran," I finally spoke.

"He's probably just scared. Go talk to him, Mark," Felix said, "He'll listen to you."

I took the general's advice and followed Jack. I heard sobs from the bathroom, I opened the door and saw Jack. Tears streamed down his face. The sight was awful, I couldn't bare it. He looked so broken.

POV (Jack)

Mark ran up to me and wrapped his arms around my shoulders. His touch made me tense.

"I'm so sorry Jack, I didn't mean to hurt you. I just love you so much. I couldn't help it," Mark cried. He loved me...? Was this true?!

"I was so scared when everyone looked at me. I didn't want to run, I couldn't it," I sobbed back. He caressed my shoulders, I relaxed a little bit. "D-do you love me, Mark," I asked as I wiped tears away.

"I've always loved you Jack...," Mark smiled.

"I love you too, Mark," I said looking at him.

Well, that's it. I loved writing this. If you want more of the royal AU,  make sure to check out my new book "Anything For You, My King". Thank you guys for reading this! :)))))