02: DON'T GO

🥕

🥕

[unedited]

Thunder rumbled, startling you as you took out the trash. You worked as a waitress and chef for a fancy and expensive restaurant, like the ones you see in the movies or kdramas. Today you worked a night shift as a chef, throwing away a bag full of unwanted scraps of food that was cut away while cooking. You struggled while trying to hold open the lid of the dumpster and trying to hold the umbrella in the other hand. The wind was blowing harshly, causing the rain to shift into another direction and more thunder to rumble. The dumpster had moved on it's own, shifting slightly which you only thought was the wind. Finally managing to get it open, you threw the trash in a hurry, trying not to get your finger caught.

"What the fuck.." you squirmed, flinching back while hearing a groan near the trash can. You've been through this before, where there is always a homeless person sitting by the trash can, waiting for scraps of food that would be in the dumpster. Just something to eat. On occasions, since you were a chef, you would try to whip them up a small snack. But, whenever you were a waitress, you couldn't help them, only hoping someone else did.

The bag lifted up, making you flinch and quickly dodge the bag that was thrown back at you.

"AHH!" You screamed as you dodged it, heart beat accelerating quickly. You were now in fight or flight mode, quickly lifting yourself off the ground and holding up your fist towards the trash can. If anyone had seen, you would've looked like an idiot but you couldn't care less.

"W-who's in there.. it's not s-safe." You spoke with a stutter from the flight and adrenaline surging through your body. Your hands started to shake the closer you moved towards the dumpster. Still alert, you raised your head over it, seeing nothing but blackness and a body hugging its knees to its chest while it shook from the cold, thundering rain. You were so scared you had forgotten that you dropped your umbrella and now you were soaking wet.

"What are you doing in there?" You whispered more to yourself than the man inside the dumpster. Unfortunately, the tall, blackish brown bunny ear that emerged from his head heard you, the other one flat. Your eyes were now as wide as saucers as you stared at the familiar buck. The one that you ran into and dropped all of his carrots. That one.

His face was dull, eyes full of dread. His cheeks seemed an unhealthy pale while his cheekbones were slightly visible. Dirt and soot covered his face and clothes, which was a plain, large white T-shirt and some ragged shorts. Nothing like the clothes he was wearing about a week or two ago. He must've stole those also.. you squirmed uncomfortably staring back into his dark orbs.

"Stay right here.." you whispered to him, knowing he could hear you by the way his ear twitched. You had ran inside, seeing other chefs packing up their culinary silverware and cleaning up. Sneaking into the walk in fridge, you left a small gap so you could be able to get out. Your eyes scanned the whole area, passing over the frozen meat, to the colorful fruits, and then finally to the vegetables. The carrots laid on the middle shelf as you dashed for them, a small smile on your face. You were hoping that he could possibly forgive you for knocking his carrots out of his hands and possibly starving him for the rest of that day. Leaving out the fridge, you closed it.