03: FIRST DAY

🥕

🥕

[unedited]

You woke up, the sun that was once shining over your face, now gone. You could feel a shadow cast over your eyes instead of the sun, groaning at the crust lodged in the crease of your eye as you tried to open one. You succeeded, wiping away the crust before flinching deeper into the bed. The buck sat on the side of the bed, his knees on the ground, elbows plopped onto the bed next to you. He stared at you with his bunny expression again, nose lightly twitching. His eyes were wide and doe like, lips pursed together as he stared at you as if expecting something.

"Morning.." your sentence faded into an uncomfortable silence as you only stared back at him. He started a staring contest, not understanding that you wanted his name.

"G-good morning." His ears fell from his head a little, the sun now shining into your eyes again. He spoke quietly. He noticed every time the sun fell onto your face while you were sleep, you would stir slightly. Oddly, he cared for you a little bit already. Probably because you were the first person to possibly offer him a home. As soon as you sat up, he stood up too. You began your daily routine of stretching, first your back then arms, satisfied hearing the familiar cracks. You swung your legs out of bed, standing up to head to the kitchen, the bucks footsteps following after you like a baby duckling with its mother. You expected the buck to act like a feral cat or dog, keeping to itself and hissing at you with a hostile behavior. But it was the exact opposite, which completely baffled you.

"What would you like for breakfast?" You asked, opening the fridge as he looked over you into it also, but kept an appropriate distance. His face turned nervous, fingers fiddling with each other as he mumbled. "I-I don't know.." He felt disappointed that he couldn't choose what to eat. He didn't want to let you down already. Still, he was quiet.

"It's alright, I'll fix us some pancakes." You said with a knowing smile on your face. You felt the sadness in his voice. You had scanned the fridge, and indeed, there were carrots still. "Go sit at the island counter for me." You told him, whipping out the ingredients you needed to make a special breakfast. He did as told, eyes casted to the ground then table as he sat. He fiddled with his own fingers, so shy. You knew that he wasn't going to open up immediately so you would just take your time with him. You would have to find him a real owner eventually, a real place he could stay and be happy.

Finishing up, you put a sweet carrot pudding on top of his pancake and a little on yours, sprinkling white powered sugar after. He only stared at you the whole time, and for a long time. The excessive staring was kinda getting uncomfortable, but you chose not to say anything, placing his plate in front of him, his eyes now moving to the food.

He picked up the fork you provided for him to eat this, instead of chopsticks. He held them incorrectly, but you said nothing. He poked at the large fluffiness of the pancake, fascinated. You had made a Japanese pancake, the big and fluffy ones that rose tall but thick because of the egg whites. Instead of waiting for his reaction after taking a piece, you dug into the food yourself because you were hungry as hell..
It looked like he didn't like syrup, not using the bottle that stood in front of him as he ate the food as if a vacuum. All 3 pancakes on his plate. After being finished, he nibbled on his bottom lip, watching you eat the first pancake you were on. "Yknow, instead of staring you could just tell me what you want, yes?"
You said, raising an eyebrow at him as he felt slightly intimidated. A small, unintentional pout settled on his face before he spoke.